• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 800 RMK Pro 163 - Feedback Requested

E
Oct 10, 2017
AK
I am looking for some feedback on the 2015 800 Pro RMK 163. A local AK dealer has them new w/2 year warranty for $7999 and I am thinking about picking one up. I am new to riding, with my last sled being a 2001 Ski-Doo Summit 500F that I used as a trail taxi for backcountry snowboarding. I want to improve my riding ability and split time between sledding and snowboarding now. Does anyone have any advice on that model year, any major issues I should be aware of? Also, looking for feedback on the price? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

15 RMK Pro.jpg

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
You posted this in the Axys part of the Polaris section and not the Pro section so I'm sure you'll catch heat from someone about that.

Thats a decent price, but Peninsula Powersports in soldotna has 2017 Axys 800's for sale right now for $9800 and change. Likely a more dependable motor than the 2015 800.

If you plan on riding 2 up for snowboarding I would stray away from the sleds with quick-drive belts and get one with a chain case.

Either sled is going to be light years ahead of your old Doo.

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Yes, defiantly get a 16 or newer as the mountain sleds 16 and newer have the axys motor and that motor (so far) seems the be much better, if at least for the simple reason that they use a ecu/cable controllers exhaust valve system like the rest of the two stroke world.

The trail sleds in 15 had the axys motor (ie rush)

If you know you’ll be only on trail and never off then the rush style would be more for you.

If you’ll be spending time on/off trail then you should really have a sled with the front heat exchanger like a sks or switchback in a 144 or 155 track length

A straight up mountain sled as you have posted. Is exactly that. Needs to be in light fluffy snow or you risk overheat (unless you put scratchers down and gauge watch)

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I personally think the 15 pro is a solid choice. The cooling system issues can be a problem. I agree with everyone else in the fact that the Axys chassis has a better engine. IMO the pro chassis is a little easier for an inexperienced rider to handle.

E
Oct 10, 2017
AK
Appreciate the feedback and I apologize for posting in the wrong section. Anyone know how I can move this thread over to the Pro section?

Premium Features