• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are their different injectors colors for this sled?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Stock ones on my sled are red part # 4014715-015

Ordered new ones and they came in yellow part #4014715-053

Not sure if they are incompatible like the Old Pros were or if these are okay to run as is. My dealer didn't see any different part numbers between them on the parts diagram

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Looks like the dealer has to change the ECM map via Digital Wrench to match the new color coded injectors.

Per the Service manual:
"To obtain the correct fuel injector set for the vehicle, always reference the model-specific parts manual when ordering new fuel injector set. Note that fuel injector color code may not match the fuel injector set originally installed on the engine."

In addition:

"The MAG & PTO fuel injectors are noted w/labels. Install the fuel injectors in their correct locations.
RED, BLUE, or YELLOW color bands are located at the base of each fuel injector. When replacing fuel injectors, reference this color band to ensure the right fuel map is selected using Digital Wrench."

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So I have to reflash with digital wrench for it to run the same? I dont understand why my dealer can only get yellow and not red like I have. Seems like this would be a hassle for every dealer instead of just being able to get the correct part

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Aren't you running a Silber set-up? If so, check with Corey or Justin.

Yes, Rich is correct. PI states the flash in the ECU must match the corresponding color injectors for proper flow rate and injector timing.

It's kind of scary your dealer doesn't know this. The three different injectors each flow different. Polaris orders the injectors and then tests each one. Due to manufacturing tolerances they vary a little. They mark the highest flowing injectors one color, the lowest flowing injectors another color and then the average ones another color. They then have three different ECM maps, one for each color of injector

Premium Features