• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 Mountain Max 700 mods

C
Sep 23, 2011
Durango, Co
I've got the vforce 3 reeds n spacers that came in the box. I built a boost bottle from the plans on Totallyamaha. Got the boots off ebay. SLP quiet triples. Changed the clutching to SLP's specs. Re-geared it. The thing is amazing. Got bar risers since im 6'5", and simmons GenII out front. Waiting to do a long track, those 159" series IV tracks seem to be the right price, maybe next year. It has a 136" challenger on it. I can outrun my wifes REV 800, and it doesn't cost much if I hit something. The MM has tons of potential, and beats the hell out of 13K for a new sled. Im into my whole sled for less than 1K. Clean those carbs out, get a good belt on it and clean the clutches up. These things don't take tons of maintenance to "run" but the better you take care of it, the better it will take care of you. Mine ran like crap when I got it, for free. Cleaned the carbs out real well, and it ran like mad. Now it's modded fairly well and it hangs with the big dogs!

Premium Features