• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebar Recommendations?

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
I want to upgrade my stock 06 polaris RMK handlebar to an aftermarket bar. I have a 7" RSI riser that is 7/8 post to 1 1/8 bar. Any in particular i should look for maybe include website on where to look. I want to put on a flat bar that is tapered 7/8 to 1/18 at post mounting point , no rise and sweeps back towards the rider a few degrees. It will be installed on a mountain sled and not a flatlander. Any ideas on what i should do on the brake side (left side control pod (reverse, handwarmer, dimming headlight switch) i would like to remove that but still want some sort of controls. Any pics?

Last edited:
N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I ran Fly bars w/Fly pivoting risers and WPS mountain bar on one of my 06 RMK 900's and Moose Racing CR low bars w/Rox pivoting risers, Powermadd handgaurds and a WPS mountain bar on the other 900. I was able to keep the factory controls on the bars. Hope these pix help out.

Fly Setup
900_1.jpg

900_3.jpg

Moose Racing Setup
DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
If you use the RSI flat bar with 10 deg pull back you will have plenty of room for all the gadgets on them. If you'd like to get rid of the cluster that is the Hayes MC on the left side you can get a MC from an 09 Dragon or an older ProX along with the proper brake line/fittings and then use rocker switches on the console for the warmers and a push button for perc.

Here's a pic of a very similar setup as mine only I'm using the stock Hayes button/Brake cluster. The one pictured is an 09 Dragon with the above mentioned MC, switches, etc

09-DRAGON-WITH-10-DEG.jpg

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
If you use the RSI flat bar with 10 deg pull back you will have plenty of room for all the gadgets on them. If you'd like to get rid of the cluster that is the Hayes MC on the left side you can get a MC from an 09 Dragon or an older ProX along with the proper brake line/fittings and then use rocker switches on the console for the warmers and a push button for perc.

Dude, I was gonna PM you to ask you what bar you went with, I am planning on doing mine identically to how you did yours ... felt really good riding it last winter.

What all parts from RSI do I need to order to duplicate your setup?

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I have a set of Fly aerotapers on my 99 700. Some of the best bars that I've ever had on a sled.

RSI

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
BOISE, IDAHO
www.rsiracing.com
Sounds like you want our 15 degree bars. Either way you decide we have you handled. Here are some pictures of our new Chromoly rise handlebars and our Aluminum Rise handlebars.

Chromoly Rise Bars Retail $39.95
Available in 2", 4", 6", AND 8" Heights

2014 Aluminum Rise Bars Retail $59.95
Available in 5" and 7" Heights and hass crossbar for stud type mountain bars.

PM me for a Snowest 10% discount.

Thank you,
RSI
AB-7-B.jpg

AB-5-B.jpg

CB-10-2R.jpg

CB-10-4R.jpg

CB-10-6R.jpg

CB-10-8R.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Two thumbs up for RSI. :D:D

Here is a pic of a set that I installed last season.

RSI cromo bar, 7" risers, Pivot adapter, high power grip heaters, 7" grips, bar hooks, Bar pad.

I used a Yamaha Nitro grab strap on this setup.

attachment.php

RSI jpeg.jpg

Premium Features