• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary spring

Csellors

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2012
Hi all. I have the gold spring in for low elevation and I believe it should be a 120/320 at 6-8,000 feet. Problem is that the dealers on the flatlands don’t seem to have them in stock. I have ordered one but it may not get here before we leave. Will a 120/310 work? They have that one in stock
Thanks

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
It will work fine, your peak RPMs will drop around 100RPMs so you might have to make a slight weight adjustment.

Last edited:

Csellors

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2012
Hey. I have 10-64 in for 6-8 k. I also have an slp blue pink 140/340. Would that work? Thanks in advance

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I am running the Blue-Pink with 63g lightning at 10K altitude but have pipe and heads on mine SLP stage 3 so I think your weights and a Blue Pink at your elevation might be a good start.
gtwitch in wyoming

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've been running gold primary with 62g Belly Busters (who makes that gold primary spring.... And is it called yellow or gold?)
Black/purple secondary with 2 delrins.
HM Turbos secret helix (I honestly don't know what it is).

5-8500 feet.

I used to have the blue/pink primary, but Hart reclutched me a couple years ago and put that gold in.

I had to replace my primary last month (they transferred the same gold spring and the in some matched Polaris 10-62s. Suddenly now I am only turning 7950 on a pull.

I'm thinking of refreshing the clutching....and going back to the blue/pink primary and keeping the blue/purple secondary.

Thoughts?

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I've been running gold primary with 62g Belly Busters (who makes that gold primary spring.... And is it called yellow or gold?)
Black/purple secondary with 2 delrins.
HM Turbos secret helix (I honestly don't know what it is).

5-8500 feet.

I used to have the blue/pink primary, but Hart reclutched me a couple years ago and put that gold in.

I had to replace my primary last month (they transferred the same gold spring and the in some matched Polaris 10-62s. Suddenly now I am only turning 7950 on a pull.

I'm thinking of refreshing the clutching....and going back to the blue/pink primary and keeping the blue/purple secondary.

Thoughts?

The Polaris gold is a 100-275,if thats the gold that you are running then the blue/pink will defiantly get your rpms back up.

Last edited:
Premium Features