• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking of taking my 1st trip to the big horns

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Where is the best places to stay and ride? I have never been there and don't know much about the area? Normally ride Cooke, island park, tog, looking to try something new and a little shorter drive.

Any info or advice would be great! Thanks!

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
Have not been there in 3 years, but we always stay at elk view inn and always ride south west. Sometimes south and east but have to put on more miles to get to better riding. its a place where you can wiggle your way through trees and find big open areas.

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Looking at going last wknd in Feb, or 1st wknd in March. What elevation are you riding normally?

Thanks guys

snowho96

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
ia
Usually have our sleds set up for 10-12k. We are going to leave our trailer there and might be back out there around then.

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Any more info on lodging options?

How far of a ride is it to play areas from bears or elk lodge? We normall sneak through the trees to find areas to ride so it sounds like our type of place.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Arrowhead lodge, Bear lodge and Elk View are the lodges to choose from. Riding is 7500-10k never seen anything higher then that in the Bighorns. If the snow is good you can ride right from any of the lodges and find good snow with in a couple of miles. If you have a big trailer I recommend Elk View because of the parking area they have.

Premium Features