• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone still running kits with a fuel controller??

W
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
Have a 2011 Pro with one of the earlier silber kits installed, still using the fuel controller. Looking to get some starting numbers for the box that anyone has had good luck with. Be running at 6-10000 feet, probably throw 75 or 76 gram weights at it shooting for around 10 psi. Usually run straight 100ll out west but mixing is also doable.

Thanks

W
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
Figured it was a long shot, probably just set the thing back to standard and go from there. Was just hoping not to spend the entire first trip messing with it. Tunerless would be awesome but I can’t see spending 2 grand to update a 7 year old setup. Good luck to you as well!

D
Dec 17, 2011
I went out tonight to try and tune and none of those starting numbers worked worth a darn! Gonna take a couple more rides to even get close! What kinda numbers you got in mind or messed with?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
You guys have all the correct clutching? No boost Leaks on intake or exhaust?

If you have that covered and no silber folk is helping. Start at your lowest boost setting and low settings on the box. And just keep working with it.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Dobeck Style fuel box? No such thing as good running numbers with those, swap out to a better fuel controller like boondocker or boost it.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I’ve had the best luck with having very little extra fuel and even a 0 on the first mode. I found that adding fuel before the turbo was spooling just created a bog.

God I hated those days. Really took a lot of the fun out of riding dealing with it.

One day. I was sooo frustrated after spending all week after work sealing up every tiny lil boost leak, checking reeds, new spark plugs bla bla bla. All to get on the hill on Saturday with my “big bad turbo sled” and still ran like complete chit! I played with the settings till I couldn’t feel my fingers anymore. Finally after I got hella stuck, from the horrible running pile of crap. I turned every mode all the way to 0. Sled lit up! I blasted out of the trench I was in and just added a little fuel after boost was sensed on the box. My highest number was a 2.5 after boost.... crazy i know. But it worked.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I ran a box on my 13 but completely different numbers than that elevation you are running. I chased my tail around until I figured out I had an exhaust leak. The a boost leak. The Reeds went bad. Then an injectors was leaking. The the box was bad.

Updated it all the the ECU flash boom, ran great! Until I needed another set of reeds...

W
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
I ran a box on my 13 but completely different numbers than that elevation you are running. I chased my tail around until I figured out I had an exhaust leak. The a boost leak. The Reeds went bad. Then an injectors was leaking. The the box was bad.

Updated it all the the ECU flash boom, ran great! Until I needed another set of reeds...

I’d love to do the update I just can’t seem to bring myself to spend 2000 on an old sled. What does it come with? I don’t even have the silicone air box or intake.

Premium Features