• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch spring replacement.

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Anyone have any recommendations on when to replace springs. Sled is a 2011 with 1900 miles. Primary was replaced once and secondary has not. Should I replace them or is it a waste of cash. Primary was also redone by Indy specialties last year.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I change my BOTH Primary & Secondary springs every season.. When in storage there is still exertion on the springs and never100% free, and could take a bit of a set..
I have clients that want the springs out of their clutches during the summer storage for that reason.

For the low cost of springs, and the performance demanded from the clutches every season.. it's a very small investment.

D
Springs are a maintenance item. They do wear over time. For the cost its best to replace them every season just to be sure your getting the most out of your clutching. Once a year clutch service and balance will also ensure you at 100% plus help save your crank.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
can you change the primary spring with the clutch still on the sled?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

D
Sure can. Just be careful to keep the clutch cover square as you remove it and when you put it back on. You will need to apply some force so your bolts will reach. Try to get a few turns on each bolt before you let the spring push to hard on the bolts.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Sure can. Just be careful to keep the clutch cover square as you remove it and when you put it back on. You will need to apply some force so your bolts will reach. Try to get a few turns on each bolt before you let the spring push to hard on the bolts.
thanks

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Premium Features