• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy Dans Turbo Clutching

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Did you have to reshim your spider?

It depends on which version of the Turbo weight you buy. The heel profiles are different between versions which could lead to needed to re-shim. Best thing to do I contact Indy Specialty and see what they have to say.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
It depends on which version of the Turbo weight you buy. The heel profiles are different between versions which could lead to needed to re-shim. Best thing to do I contact Indy Specialty and see what they have to say.

Plus I have seen these stock clutches come in all different. For the most part you will need to shim it to make it correct but some can get away with out doing so.

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Just had a look at this clutch kit.

Why doesnt these weights come with bushings for the weight pins? Wont it bind over time with the pins. Looks like a really odd move to be honest...
Have anyone tried it how it works in the long run?

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The new weights do come with the bushings placed in them. Below you can see the bushing in the black weight (V2) and you can also see the difference in weight profile between the V2 and zinc colored V3 weight.

IMG_0406.jpg IMG_0408.jpg

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Not a turbo, but I had his mountain helix and secondary spring installed when I had my clutches balanced, and it was a very nice upgrade over stock helix and black/purple secondary spring. Smoother and quicker engagement for sure

T
Sep 10, 2009
The new weights do come with the bushings placed in them. Below you can see the bushing in the black weight (V2) and you can also see the difference in weight profile between the V2 and zinc colored V3 weight.

I would love to try these weights again now that they have bushings. I tried version 1 and they were sticking by the end of my second ride. They did feel great on the first ride.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
I got to take my junk out for a rip with this set up. 50 miles and 3/4 tank of gas. It wasn't the deepest but it was pretty good freshy. 4100rpm Nice smooth engagement and it does pull hard all the way through. Feels long legged. A lil more aggressive in the middle but not as snappy on the bottom.. I was at about 36-5000 throughout the day. Belt temps on the primary and secondary were within 5 degree's. I could grab an hold the belt and sheaves. I'll get a pic of primary up today. It was pulling to much rpm 8550 + with it the way it was sent to me. Put 3 additional magnets in each weight. Pulled 8450 the rest of the day. It jumps up and stays there. 50+/- rpm Belt deflection was squealing and backed it off 1-2 a turn. Stock belt with 300 miles on it. 347 now. Track tension is 3/4-1" . I have avids on it.The weights are full. We are getting more snow in the next couple day's so I'll run it till I receive my 46-32 from venom. This Indy may be up for sale coming up in a week or so. $100 less than it cost me. Don't get me wrong this tune up works very well. I just don't need 3 really good set ups for 1 sled. I like this set up.

Nice job Dan and the friendly guinea pigs.

Silber turbo 7#
174-3''
Tki belt drive 25 top gear.
215# rider + gear.

Last edited:

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
picture.php

9/16-5/8 from the top. It's under warranty and insured. This is a nice set up.

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
We did some testing with IS T1 and T3 weights and so far I am in love! The back shift is very fast and belt temps are much cooler.

The T1 from what we are seeing are a little more aggressive from mid up but we did testing on two sleds so not apples to apples.

First thoughts: Love it

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
We did some testing with IS T1 and T3 weights and so far I am in love! The back shift is very fast and belt temps are much cooler.

The T1 from what we are seeing are a little more aggressive from mid up but we did testing on two sleds so not apples to apples.

First thoughts: Love it

Knew you guys would like it.

Where and how many magnets in the T1's?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
What base weight were the weights you guya tested, and what are they fully loaded with magnets?

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
868080cd200dbb592573c2c9912c1d32.jpg

I ran mine like this, sent this pic to AKFULLTHROTTLE and I believe he set his up the same. Indy Specialties V1 Turbo. Running the same clutching setup as AK. TKI conversion with a 2.17 gear pulled 8350 to 8450 depending on snow at 7psi, turned the boost to 10psi and it pulled same RPM. Just a lot more pull and arm stretching. 6000 to 12000 feet of elevation. 50/50 100LL and 91 Non ethanol. These weights engage and roll out smooth but shift aggressively and pull hard, can hammer on it in the deep snow and it stays cool and doesn't eat belts. You feel like you are riding a 225 HP animal not a stocker with a blow off valve.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
868080cd200dbb592573c2c9912c1d32.jpg

I ran mine like this, sent this pic to AKFULLTHROTTLE and I believe he set his up the same. Indy Specialties V1 Turbo. Running the same clutching setup as AK. TKI conversion with a 2.17 gear pulled 8350 to 8450 depending on snow at 7psi, turned the boost to 10psi and it pulled same RPM. Just a lot more pull and arm stretching. 6000 to 12000 feet of elevation. 50/50 100LL and 91 Non ethanol. These weights engage and roll out smooth but shift aggressively and pull hard, can hammer on it in the deep snow and it stays cool and doesn't eat belts. You feel like you are riding a 225 HP animal not a stocker with a blow off valve.

This is correct, mine came out to 76.4 and we are running 5# so shows you the difference in elevation vs pounds of boost. I could run another gram and may still but it runs super good.

Belts temps were much lower than my previous setup all though I never blew a belt with that either. My bottom end seams a little lazy but that could be the chain case 3" as our 2.6 belt with the T3 weights does not feel the same.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
This is correct, mine came out to 76.4 and we are running 5# so shows you the difference in elevation vs pounds of boost. I could run another gram and may still but it runs super good.

Belts temps were much lower than my previous setup all though I never blew a belt with that either. My bottom end seams a little lazy but that could be the chain case 3" as our 2.6 belt with the T3 weights does not feel the same.

Is this the maximum weight or does it come with more magnets? And i see on Indy's website, he only displays the turbo weights sith 3 magnet holes. Are the previous versions like your still available?

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
Which IS weights?

These are the weights I received. Sorry I stole the pic. Maxed out and weighed in at 79 grams. Jon at Indy is getting me set up with different size magnets. I'll be relaying info with him to get this dialed in. Great customer service.

picture.php

We got 12+ past 2 days. Another predicted today and continue on threw the week. Should be more of load on the motor.

Last edited:
Premium Features