• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BMP Pipe Mod M7

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Does anyone know what BMP does to the pipe when they modify a stocker for $225? If I had to guess they probably just take 3/4 of an inch out of the chamber and weld it back together. I have done that to my jet skis in the past and it worked good.

http://bikemanperformance.com/snowmobile/arctic-cat/m-x-fire-600-700/bmp-arctic-cat-pipe-mods.html

That is exactly what they do. I had BMP do it to my 06 M7 and I saw very little difference. I ride 6-10K so maybe it does not work as well at high elevation.

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
Hmmmm... I ride 1500-3000 I wonder if it would be worth a try. I can handle that kind of work. I should look for an old stock pipe so I can go back to stock if I don't like it.

D

DusterB

Nov 26, 2007
B-Town MT
I'll save you the trouble and sell you my stealth:face-icon-small-hap PM me if interested. 400 miles on it.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
drag up the old dead thread

so why couldn't a guy cut and weld it himself?

Why 3/4"? Was it ever dyno'd before and after to see what the benefit was?

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
They claim like 5hp or something, I have seen some a lot of there work as they have a nice fancy catalog and my buddys buy from them as they seem like they know what there doing. To me there work has been very poor and some of there claims are just to much.
3/4" to 1 1/4" i have seen cut out, we have tried it with a few of our old left over pipes and didnt find much or any difference over stock, we found gains with aftermarket pipes from all brands but theres as we didnt feel conforatible spending money with them any more. We have had lots of luck with D&D and Speedwerxs stuff, but i hear SLP has been making a really good pipe lots of guys seem to like.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I made my own pipe mod years ago when my sled was 700cc (now it's 800cc). I ADDED 1/2" into mid section and cut out 1/2" from tail pipe to fit the can into stock position. I drive around 500-2000ft and that pipe mod worked good. Most power gains I notified at mid throttle.

I've understood this mod is only for low elevation. At high elevation stock pipe is better. Stock pipe is too "tight" for low elevation and that's the reason this mod works.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
I made my own pipe mod years ago when my sled was 700cc (now it's 800cc). I ADDED 1/2" into mid section and cut out 1/2" from tail pipe to fit the can into stock position. I drive around 500-2000ft and that pipe mod worked good. Most power gains I notified at mid throttle.

I've understood this mod is only for low elevation. At high elevation stock pipe is better. Stock pipe is too "tight" for low elevation and that's the reason this mod works.

To tight for the 800 or 700?

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
wont do jack for flat land running I had it done in 06 dumped that turd the next yr at hay days.
think they added 1/2 to the center of pipe do not know what was done on in side.
a shinny catalog though.
they have gotten better in recent yrs but man some of the porting on the m7to m8 kits was bad bad bad I am sure they sent the jugs out to the Jr High to let shop class do the work.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
wont do jack for flat land running I had it done in 06 dumped that turd the next yr at hay days.
think they added 1/2 to the center of pipe do not know what was done on in side.
a shinny catalog though.
they have gotten better in recent yrs but man some of the porting on the m7to m8 kits was bad bad bad I am sure they sent the jugs out to the Jr High to let shop class do the work.

No kidding on the porting!! You should see what they did to my brothers motor, was not impressed and he is pizzed his motor runs worse then it did stock with there set up.

I think this pipe mod is good if you do it yourself (aka free), but 200... I don't know.

Oh ok, I was thinking of messing with my 600 pipe and try and modify it for my 800 BB so i can run twins or a single if the twins are far to loud. I have messed with them for my 700s mainly and had good luck, but your right on $200 and thats not including the shipping and where we live your looking at about another $100+ and a 4-8 week wait we were told.

Last edited by a moderator:
E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
No kidding on the porting!! You should see what they did to my brothers motor, was not impressed and he is pizzed his motor runs worse then it did stock with there set up.

sad but true I think it is hysterical when guys around my parts drop their sled off over there thinking it is going to be a rocket.then they get there ars handed to them buy sleds with 100 or 200 cc less all day.
when the owners of that shop show up on the Ice u rarely see them win.
they have 1 great racer they sponsor but he builds and works on his own stuff .

M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
A friend of mine did this to an extended F7 a quite a few years back. Sled ran like sh!t after the bikeman mods, my ZR 600 was better. I would not recommend doing this. Do it yourself and save your money, or just buy a good pipe for it.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT

sad but true I think it is hysterical when guys around my parts drop their sled off over there thinking it is going to be a rocket.then they get there ars handed to them buy sleds with 100 or 200 cc less all day.
when the owners of that shop show up on the Ice u rarely see them win.
they have 1 great racer they sponsor but he builds and works on his own stuff .

Lol, yeah I got hosed on the CFI kit back in 08 with a claim of 165hp with porting and modifying the 600 pipe (added an inch). Well no matter what I did, from heads to different pipes/pipe/fuel/clutching/timing I could not find 165hp. I was very upset that my old F7s were still blowing my doors off and the 600 ran far harder on race gas. For an 800 I have never been so disappointed and i came off a 03 F7 to a 08 Nytro thinking i needed something lighter. My old 98 zr 600 with a D&D 720 small block ran harder with little tuning and on pump. So i sold the works off, I didnt care that it was mainly polaris it was the fact they did the work on it.
When i get out of camp in a few weeks ill show you there 160hp F7 port job they did on my brothers cylinders lol its fantastic.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I have seen over 40thow diff on same port other jug and grinding marks that look like a driveway that has had 400 studded tracks spinning on it.
but they have a shinny catalog

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Yes they invested into a nice catalog. I have to admit they must get a lot of young guys suckered in (some of my family lol including me).
But the porting sounds just like my brothers cylinders, looked like they took a carbide bit and just roughed it up a bit.

As for PSI I have only ran there pipes on older sleds, have been more of a BM/D&D/speedwerxs guy as they have been pretty good (BlackMagic in there early days was awesome products that worked very very well)

lucasMX358

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2009
Dickinson, ND
I beg to differ on the BMP mod pipe. I sent mine to Jeff at Dakota Performance and he sends to BMP. I cant say i noticed added hp, but what it does is gives you longer PEAK power. that i can atest to, during climbs i used to just power out. After BMP Pipe; the sled does not run peak out during a climb, it will hold the power MUCH longer. Other that putting a PC 2.25 track on, the pipe mod is the next best thing i have done. I ride cooke city, so i'm high elevation also. THATS my outlook on the mod pipe. BMP in my eyes has come along ways in the last few years, would not think twice about there mods!

Premium Features