• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best pipes

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I have a 04 kingcat 900. I was wondering what the best exhaust was for it? Like single pipe and can or twin pipes. Thanks.

We found the JAWS D Pipes (1150 Pipes) to make the best power on the 900... SLP twins work well also.. No real big power found with any of the singles.. Go twins and really get some power!!

Make sure you fix the airbox, regardless of pipes you choose

Kelsey

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
i seconded the Jawz twins, have them, love them sound awsome. i ordered mine with the drag only silencers and the name lies, they dont silence anything, if you like loud, youll like these. i turn about 8-8100rpms and it flat out rocks. i have reeds and reed spacers and together its good

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I have had great luck with the SLP single!! I do recommend running a set of reeds with it as well.....

And here is the deal. If you like to drag race, the SLP single is about the same as stock pipe, but on a hill in deep powder, the SLP single is a ton better than stock!!

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
OVERLY LOUD, is that possible. yes my jawz twins are loud, very loud, but i like it. i orderd mine with smaller silencers than normal so i cant tell you how loud the normal ones are, but they sound damn good. im sure they are louder then the slp's tho

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
OVERLY LOUD, is that possible. yes my jawz twins are loud, very loud, but i like it. i orderd mine with smaller silencers than normal so i cant tell you how loud the normal ones are, but they sound damn good. im sure they are louder then the slp's tho

Loud sucks so yes it's possible. You gain nothing from the extra noise unless you enjoy annoying other people, even sledders, not to mention it makes us look careless to the outside world. :loco:

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
im not calling anyone names. Just simply sayn that loud sleds are ok just like loud harleys.

And this is where education comes into play, loud sleds are not ok.... What planet do you live on?? And actually, loud Harley's are not ok if the Police would actually enforce the noise ordinances, but they don't. We lose land everyday for all sorts of reasons including noise. Anyways, don't want to be the forum police, just calling a spade a spade!!

Last edited:
M

maddogwfo

Dec 4, 2007
Otis Ochards WA
100%

I agree with CCPowder on the issue of loud pipes 100% and SLP Single Pipe setup worked well on my Mod 900 and it is going on the KingCat I bought late last season MADDOGWFO

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
Loud, sucks for many reasons.............

I too like a good sounding sled. It dont have to be loud to sound good though. Harleys dont need to worry, they aint shuttin down the highway to Harley's. They are shuttin down the woods to OHV's though. Gotta love the ones that like it loud, and dont think it all the way through! They will get all of us booted.
I Love me some good sound, the best sled to me cannot even be heard from 100 yards, less than 500lbs, and makes too much horsepower! But I am almost 40 now. I bet the guy that likes it loud is young. We were all there once. I am coming back from where you are going. Good Luck! You wont even hear me pass by.

Premium Features