• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there any USA made riding gear? At least not made in China?

ARCTIC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Boise, Idaho
made in china

Good luck!!! Last year I bought some bibs from Cabelas. Paid around $225. They have Goretex, so I thought they must be made in USA. Nope, you guessed it, just like everything sold in america today--MADE IN CHINA--

B
Oct 14, 2008
There is not a usa clothing manufacturer. In the sled industry, or in any other industry, the closest thing to it is klim, they design, and test everything in the usa, and also do all repairs and warranty from thier warehouse in rigby

T
Nov 27, 2007
Fernie BC
canadian made

Arcteryx is (or was) all made in Vancouver in Canada,it is not sled specific but it is top quality premium outdoor gear(as well as premium priced).Then again if you have to pay north American wages to the people in the factory nothing is cheap,but it is worth it.They also have a great warranty program,they are really good with backing what they make.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
Believe it or not the cost is not the only reason for going over seas...... The quality and consistency of product is actually better then you would get here in the states. So you can't blame the US and Canadian Companies for going there, you can blame the over paid under educated american and the labor union that is supposed to protect him.

As for everything going to Kenya I don't see that happening.... In the next few years you will see almost all clothing made in Korea. With all the out cry of American jobs going to China, the US has enforced huge duties and trade embargos between the 2 countries. Being the Korea is a U.S. alli they charge very little to import from there and the quality is virtually the same. No matter what you buy you will be supporting someone delaing in over seas trade. If you find clothing that is built here ask them where the fabric comes from, where the coatings are made, even something as small as the zipper pulls.

Good Luck on your search!!!!!

JM2
DW

S
Nov 30, 2007
The Last Frontier
Anyone know where Riema and or Scott USA products are made. I have many pieces that made it 10 years or so for me still working. Now that Scott has purchased the snowmobile line from Riema recently its been hard to find a dealer for the current products I want. So not sure where the current line is being manufactured. I believe my old stuff was made in Scandanavia

R
Nov 24, 2005
Riema

Anyone know where Riema and or Scott USA products are made. I have many pieces that made it 10 years or so for me still working. Now that Scott has purchased the snowmobile line from Riema recently its been hard to find a dealer for the current products I want. So not sure where the current line is being manufactured. I believe my old stuff was made in Scandanavia

I have Riema gear, and I LOVE it!! It's a couple years old. I checked it and it's made in "Thailand."

~Rookie

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Arcteryx is (or was) all made in Vancouver in Canada,it is not sled specific but it is top quality premium outdoor gear(as well as premium priced).Then again if you have to pay north American wages to the people in the factory nothing is cheap,but it is worth it.They also have a great warranty program,they are really good with backing what they make.

Arc'teryx is now made in CHINA.

Premium Features