• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 King Cat parts

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
-here is a list of parts of selling off my 2004 king cat.
-stock ski's-SOLD
-stock front shocks-SOLD
-stock rear skid shocks, the front needs to be recharged and the back is great.
-electric start ( battery, starter, all wires)
-162"x2.25"x15" attack 20. missing a partial lug.
-snowbungie left hand throttle
-stock wilwood brake lever and master cylinder. half of the brake lever broke off.
-a hood hinge. works great but is a little faded.
-stock steering post.
that is all I can think of right now. PM me with your offers. i'm pretty reasonable.
Thanks!

Last edited:

msglav

Premium Member
Oct 16, 2008
I'm interested in the starter and all the brackets and wiring. What do have and what do you want for all of it?

J
Nov 8, 2013
Hi,
I'm looking to by a complete front suspension right and left including upper and lower arms, spindles and shocks/springs from a King Cat to bolt to a older Powder Special.

What is a sensible price to be having in my mind for the whole setup?

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
I sell my parts a lot cheaper than most people ask. I would expect to pay around $120 per side for upper and lower A arms, $150 for both shocks, and probably $40-50 for spindles.. I'd personally just look at your options for putting longer shocks on. I am not super familiar with the Powder special setup but i'm sure you could squeeze some longer shocks under it. hope this helps.

J
Nov 8, 2013
I sell my parts a lot cheaper than most people ask. I would expect to pay around $120 per side for upper and lower A arms, $150 for both shocks, and probably $40-50 for spindles.. I'd personally just look at your options for putting longer shocks on. I am not super familiar with the Powder special setup but i'm sure you could squeeze some longer shocks under it. hope this helps.

Thanks! This guy was asking $600 for all and I was thinking $500 which is in line with what you are saying.

I believe and am guessing that the King Cat suspension is a bit wider and also lifts the front of the Powder Special a bit higher than stock which redistributes the weight a bit backwards and also the wider stance makes it more stable. This is anyway what my mind made out of the different stuff that I read on the encycloweb.

A few nice people on snowest suggested it as a nice upgrade and then I went reading more googled stuff and probably had my mind screw it up for me :)))

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
I don't know where you are located or what type of terrain you ride, but I personally like a narrower ski stance and more height because it will make the sled tip and sidehill a lot better. I am running 17.5" shocks (vs 14.75" which is stock) and I love it. it definitely makes for some fun :face-icon-small-win on the trail but I really only ride the trail to get to the good stuff.
an easy way to check what length you can fit is to remove your front shocks and jack up the front end with a car jack and measure what you could fit. good luck!

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
Alright here is what I have left:
-King cat stock gears and chain
-Stator
-a complete rear skid (the rails are cracked) I will sell you whatever parts you want.
-left hand throttle
-stock reeds
-slp can
-stock orange/black seat with one small hole on the side
-stock rear axle
-some electric start parts. the battery, battery holder, starter motor, wiring. I have not removed the flex drive from my sled yet.. I would rather just replace my mounts with stock ones and I also will try and get the starter ring off my old clutch.
-master cylinder and half of a break lever
let me know if your looking for something else.
Thanks!

Premium Features