• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new to site please help

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Ya, what Digger said. The new key switches are on an open circuit and do seem to have less issues, but they were a nightmare when Cat used to run them on a closed circuit. I don't take the chance since I never use the key and usually hit it and break it off anyways, so I have always disconnected them and pulled the key out.

W
Jan 25, 2010
On my 04 MC 900 EFI I had similar problems with the sled running really bad. The end of the rubber hose that comes off of the "Brain Box" was rubbing on my jack shaft and melted shut. This hose has something to do with measuring outside air pressure or something like that (I think). Any ways, I cut off the the plugged part and sled ran like it was suppose to. Only took about a month to figure that out!

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
Hi guys I finally brought the sled into a buddies shop and checked it out. The servo is working and the apv valvles are also in good shape. Checked the screens on the tank and it's also fine. My buddy took my belt of my sled and fired it up and gave it a shot of gas and the sled stayed at 5000 rpm. Could this mean it's a clutch issue. I also fou d the sled won't go past 7000 rpm and will start to bogg right out like its running on one cylinder. If it was a clutching issue and it was sticking would it feel like its only running on one cylinder. Also when I let of the gas and punch it it gets the power back and starts to bog out or even if I just punch it on take off it bogs out. Or could it be the tps sensor is out of adjustment
When you say it will not go over 7000 that is when you servo is supposted to open your exhaust valves. Dollars to donuts that is your problem. If your ecu is intermittently working it will be random. The way you are describing the symtom i would look at the servo motor for operation AFTER 7000 RPM it will open the valves.

S
Nov 28, 2011
Okay here's an update guys took the clutches off and had them rebuilt to stock. Pulled the chain case apart and changed the gears and chain back to stock. Took the smart valvles out and removed the diaraphram. Changed my coil. Checked all hoses for crAcks or pin holes. All good

No I no longer have a top end bogg only bottom end. Here is what happens. When I'm going up a trail or climbing a hill and punch it I the lower Roma she Boggs out but if I feather the throttle I can get out of the bogg. I have top end power now just Boggs in bottom end

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Okay here's an update guys took the clutches off and had them rebuilt to stock. Pulled the chain case apart and changed the gears and chain back to stock. Took the smart valvles out and removed the diaraphram. Changed my coil. Checked all hoses for crAcks or pin holes. All good

No I no longer have a top end bogg only bottom end. Here is what happens. When I'm going up a trail or climbing a hill and punch it I the lower Roma she Boggs out but if I feather the throttle I can get out of the bogg. I have top end power now just Boggs in bottom end

When you had the clutchs redone what did you put in for a helix and secondary spring?

I would suggest a 49deg helix and a yellow secondary spring in the middle to tightest hole. I think stock they had a 51 or even a 53. A bit to much helix for my liking.

Thunder

Last edited:
Premium Features