• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris Perc reverse on a 900 cat ???

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
As long as the timing curve is close, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible with some work. You might have to build a custom stator plate. retaper the flywheel and move the timing sensor(s) though. Also, the flywheel housing on the 900 cat (carb) doesn't have a lot of room for modifications, so you might have to use an EFI case.

Also, we use the mechanical reverse on all our sleds, including our 975's, and only broke 1 chain last year.

H
Dec 21, 2001
Meridian, Idaho
I agree with IDcatman3.....it could be done but would involve some creative fabricating and most likely a reprogram on the timing curve to match the cat motor and a compatible secondary that can operate in the reverse direction.

I also run the mechanical reverse and have not broken anything other than a driveshaft bearing and one chain in 1200 miles. Just make sure you are running the 15 wide gears and chain NOT the 13 wide or you will lose chains!

Premium Features