• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 cr250 with e-line will it bolt on 1992 cr500

D
Feb 20, 2018
Hello I'm new to this whole forum thing, not to reading it but to asking a question so hope i get it right, and yes i searched the new guy learning page and videos which all three no longer will play so here it goes. I have a 2001 cr250 with a e-line power stater on it and after reading some posts on cr500 info as i am finally going to make a snow bike out of mine, I bought new in 1992 and can count on both hands how many times I've ridden it due to having other bikes. It has been sitting in the corner waiting for this day, I just wanted to know does anyone no if that e-line on the 2001 cr250 will bolt right onto my 1992 cr500 as i read on a post that the e-line adapts on top of your stock stater and basically piggy backs the stock one as the e-line does stick out a little farther than the stock side cover. I haven't yet taken it off and played around with it, but just thought i would throw this out there before i waste any time and break any seals lose on it. THANKS.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Best to move your post to the snowbike section. You are in the for sale pages here. As far as your question goes I am guessing it will work seeing as the ignitions are interchangeable but don't quote me on it.

M5

D
Feb 20, 2018
Hey thanks for the reply I've never wrote into a forum before, could you possible tell me how to move it and why does my post have an envelope with an arrow icon? Now i hope i replied back correctly because i didn't put anything in the title? Was i supposed to when writing back.

D
Feb 20, 2018
Hey thanks for the replying back I've never wrote into a forum before as all the tutorial videos as I signed up no longer work when going to them, is there any way you could tell me how to move my post and do you know why there is a letter with an arrow icon on mine and nobody else. I hope this gets back to you, I think when writing the thread or post i was supposed to pick a subject in the large box to the right on a subject and in looking for just snow bike i got that and swap meet as i couldn't just find (snow-bike)? THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

Premium Features