• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 to 3.0 Powerclaw

09snopro

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2008
Shelley, ID
I am contemplating switching out my 2.6" 163 track to a 162 3" powerclaw. I was wondering what it would take to do this if possible (163 to 162)? Also looking for any honest thoughts on this change being better or worse? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
My 2 cents...

I am contemplating switching out my 2.6" 163 track to a 162 3" powerclaw. I was wondering what it would take to do this if possible (163 to 162)? Also looking for any honest thoughts on this change being better or worse? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't speak for the Polaris 2.6 / 163, but I can tell you that the 3" x 162 powerclaw is the best track I've ridden, and i have (or had) an X3, and a cut down 16 wide Challenger extreme (the same pattern as the new 3.2). To install the 3.0 pitch track on your sled, you need a set of Avid drivers in 3.0 pitch, trim 1.5" off the front of the rails and install an anti-stab kit, and likely make some clutching changes. I installed a PC 2.6 on my wife's 660 Pro RMK with 8 tooth Avids, and while it is a tight fit, it does fit - would likely go with 7 tooth Avids if I was to do it again for extra bulkhead clearance. BTW, the 2.6 PC was a huge upgrade over both the stock 2.4 and the Challenger Extreme 2.5 that were on the sled previously - pretty sure any sled I own in the future will have a powerclaw installed on it from now on.

Premium Features