• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help

S
Feb 1, 2012
Kalispell Mt.
Book says pull the motor, so make sure it's the starter before tearing into it
and not the relay etc... It's on the rear side of the motor. I would get a manual
off of ebay for the 6 to 10 bucks they cost on a cd. Make sure its a factory one.

S
Feb 1, 2012
Kalispell Mt.
Send 12 volts straight to it , by passing every thing else and see if it spins the
motor. The 2007's had lots of problems with the electrical. Ground wires, starter relays, main relays. I would never assume it was the problem and I
would never take some one else's word for it. The would have a lot to gain putting in a new relay and charging for a starter job.

A new starter is 232.00 from Yamaha, don't mess with fixing it. And it is an up-dated part. The originals had problems with sticking on and burning up. But get the manual first. Some you can even down load as a PDF file with no waiting. I prefer the cd rom.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pa...07_SNOWMOBILE)/STARTING_MOTOR_(PZ50GTW_-_2007)

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Unless you have a solid history with the dealer, I would be checking the relay. It wouldn't be the first dealer that tried to pull the wool over a customers eyes.

Premium Features