• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
only supposed to be bold new graphics.. at least that is what everyone is expecting...

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I heard that they were gonna release a game changer. Like keeping the same weight, and maybe some new plastic and colors along with the same drive train.

I think if skidoo can call it a game changer so can yamaha :D

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I heard they were going to add weight just to be different. :face-icon-small-ton

I would LOVE to see some drivetrain upgrades...

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I still think the horrible release of an iphone video is just to pull the wool over our eyes.

I'm still holding out that the XTX pictured is just a baseline model, and the SE nytros will be boosted. We already know they have been testing boosted sleds for years, offered a "factory" upgrade to boost, and were rumored to have been very close to releasing a boosted sled last year.

Besides, why else wouldn't you need to change clutching as they are claiming unless you have the same HP at 10k as you do at sea level? Fingers are crossed for 180 or 200hp stock!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
IMO Yamaha is the fourth (last) manufacturer for a reason, at least 200# overweight and no functional two stroke power (I refuse to deal with the four stroke weight penalty). Non-functional stock suspensions and just look stupid. So from my point of view, I don't even give Yamaha a second thought because the other three got my corner of the market covered very well and I haven't to date had to even consider my second (Skidoo) and third (Arctic Cat) choices in the years I was in the market. Of course I have been busy with family issues and have been absent from the sport for nearly ten years.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
IMO Yamaha is the fourth (last) manufacturer for a reason, at least 200# overweight and no functional two stroke power (I refuse to deal with the four stroke weight penalty). Non-functional stock suspensions and just look stupid. So from my point of view, I don't even give Yamaha a second thought because the other three got my corner of the market covered very well and I haven't to date had to even consider my second (Skidoo) and third (Arctic Cat) choices in the years I was in the market. Of course I have been busy with family issues and have been absent from the sport for nearly ten years.

Glad to see you back after 10 years! At 4:47 in the video you'll see a list of all wet weights. I think you'll find the wet weights of the sleds aren't 200lbs different.

I'm gonna guess the SE gets a new a new subframe and front suspension and we will see a factory boosted Yamaha with a 4 year warranty!

The boosted SE will be Yamaha's 800 class sled and the standard Naturally Aspirated Nytro will remain in the 600 class.

Last edited:
T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO

If you disregard and despise Yamaha so much, why do you continue to post your rhetoric and misinformed opinions on our 4th place forums? Shouldn't you be looking on the poo threads to see how to rebuild your soon to blow up featherweight 2 stroke?:suspicious:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
To be fair IMO even the '13 Pro RMK is still 50-100# overweight also. They finally got one stock sled to where my full mods were 15-20 years ago, but they cost me 3 time as much to get them there.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
To be fair IMO even the '13 Pro RMK is still 50-100# overweight also. They finally got one stock sled to where my full mods were 15-20 years ago, but they cost me 3 time as much to get them there.

Welcome back to the future. Bread still weighs the same as it did 20 years ago and so does milk, but no real advancements with either one to justify the increased costs in both. New tech is expensive for a reason, and Yamaha sleds are expensive because you get what you pay for.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I'm gonna guess the SE gets a new a new subframe and front suspension and we will see a factory boosted Yamaha with a 4 year warranty!
I sure hope this is the case!!

IMO, a little more hp, and a bunch of chassis modifications put it closer to the 800's than you give it credit.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Welcome back to the future. Bread still weighs the same as it did 20 years ago and so does milk, but no real advancements with either one to justify the increased costs in both. New tech is expensive for a reason, and Yamaha sleds are expensive because you get what you pay for.

I'll leave you to your illusions / delusions. I'm still riding my 10 year old mods so I don't have any of the new fuelie BS to worry about and still lighter and more HP than the '13 PRO. I don't despise Yamaha, I've just never saw whatever you see in them, I've worked on them, I've help build lightweight parts for the Yamaha factory snocross guys in years past, so I have nothing against them. They just do nothing for me, Sorry and good luck!

Premium Features