• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for someone with an '08-'09 MTX Yamaha

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
We are looking for someone that has an '08-'09 Nytro MTX that has the stock running boards still installed, a clean sled and wants upgraded running boards. All we ask for in return is pictures for our business website!

We are a small shop near the Cascade Mountains of Oregon. We have had our own Arctic Cat and Polaris Running boards selling since last summer, but want to also have them for you Yamaha guys. Our boards are 1/8"-5052 aluminum but also have a 3/16" layer of UHMW plastic over the top of them to shed snow and keep the boards nice and clean. We have been running them on sleds for almost 3 years now, just not on Yamaha's.

What we are looking for: We will send you a free set of running boards to install on your '08-'09 MTX but also need your help. We need pictures during and after installation. Our only requirements are that you are a half-way mechanically inclined person, have basic tools (an air rivet gun for SS rivets, sheet metal cutting tools, etc.), have a nice clean sled, and some good sunshine or lighting for some good pictures for the website. We would also need you to have a good digital camera and not just a cell phone for pictures.

To give you an idea of what you are getting into, here is the webpage of the Arctic Cat boards for more info:
http://www.throttleupindustries.com/m_running_boards.html

Here are pictures of the Yamaha Nytro MTX Boards:

Nytro1.jpg

Nytro2.jpg

Here are pictures of our boards vs. a very popular brand name board actually sitting side-by-side on M sleds. You decide which one does a better job in the deep powder..........

Throttle-UpBoards.jpg

Leadingbrand.jpg

Side-by-side of our boards on a Arctic Cat and Polaris in the mountains.

Side.jpg

Your pictures will go under the Yamaha page on our business website. If you are interested, please PM me and I will get back to you. Thanks for the help!

Aaron

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You should get some takers on this!

Can you post a picture or two of what your boards look like in general??

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I have a 2008 Nytro MTX, and your type of running boards are one of a few things left I have to do on my sled. My only reservation is that I wouldn't be able to do the install until December, and I imagine you'd like to have this write up done before then. I am more than willing to help out, and I will have everything you need for a full write up. Let me know if that will work out - If not, best of luck to you and your new product!

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Hopefully this means you guys are getting closer to making the ones for the newer tunnel also. I will be checking in with you in a week or so as you asked me to.

Kirk

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
i have a buddy of mine that s looking for boards on his 08 mtx shoot me a pm!! also what about the '10 and up boards?

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Thanks for all the response to this post guys. After narrowing it down to about 3, we have made our decision and have already been in contact with the individual. Again, we appreciate your PM's! These should be available very soon on the website.

Aaron

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
Here are the first ones on a Nytro!

I am currently working with Aaron at Throttle-Up Industries to perfect the boards. He figures they will be on the site and ready to ship very soon! They are a very nice product and great company to work with!
Before....After You tell me if there is a definate improvement.

PC030045.jpg PC040129.jpg

B
Sep 27, 2011
oo

I have an 08 nytro that i would love to put those on :face-icon-small-ton. i could even take them to school with me to get them put on. i go to Iowa Lakes Community college.

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I have an 08 nytro that i would love to put those on :face-icon-small-ton. i could even take them to school with me to get them put on. i go to Iowa Lakes Community college.
They have already picked someone (me) to do the install. They will be ready for purchase on their site very soon.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Curt, we appreciate all your feedback and time. We have made the couple necessary changes and will have these available within the next few days on the website. Your pictures are up and running on the site and we are looking forward to some of you Yamaha guys getting these out there on the snow. We are having a hard time keeping the Arctic Cat and Polaris ones on the shelf and are anxious to move some Yamaha boards. Thanks again to all you guys who responded to this thread. You can check them out here:

http://www.throttleupindustries.com/yamaha_running_boards.html

Aaron

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I have not had a chance to ride yet. Its raining and warm here. :face-icon-small-fro

I do not think they will be slippery since they have the 2 traction bolts in each crossmember. I am headed outwest Jan 3rd. I hope to have a ride report then. I know the guys at Throttle-Up Industries have been making these boards for the Cat's and Poo's for a couple of years. I have read nothing but positive posts about those boards.

Premium Features