• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbon Fiber Nytro Project

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Jan 14, 2004
From my limited experience with CF the stuff is bomb proof if done right. CF side panels etc would be way tougher than the stockers and lighter as well. As far as the belt drive goes it looks cool and light as well but with the 4 stroke there would be no way to have reverse that I can see unlike the Doo 800. I love my reverse.

M5

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
reverse

has it been decided what they are doing with the caincase cause if they are using the apex chaincase theres is reverse kits for them.

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
From my limited experience with CF the stuff is bomb proof if done right. CF side panels etc would be way tougher than the stockers and lighter as well. As far as the belt drive goes it looks cool and light as well but with the 4 stroke there would be no way to have reverse that I can see unlike the Doo 800. I love my reverse.

M5

I wouldnt be too quick to say there is no way to have reverse on our belt drive, you just never know!!

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
When I said that we may change the geometry to more rider forward, that is exactly what I meant. We will probably develop a post forward kit for the Nytro that moves the post about 3" forward that puts the steering column in a more straight up position. A straight post may be another option, but we will have to check it all out.

Something like this:

DSC00193.jpg

Works really well IMHO.

scmurs

M
Jan 14, 2004
Thank you for your comments and keep the good ideas coming!

If you are in the market for ideas, how about a CF tunnel for the stock Nytro bulkhead maybe with an integral fuel cell for the guys who don't want to spend too much or do too much work but want some trick CF stuff. A tunnel along with body panels would drop quite a few lbs.

M5

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
If you are in the market for ideas, how about a CF tunnel for the stock Nytro bulkhead maybe with an integral fuel cell for the guys who don't want to spend too much or do too much work but want some trick CF stuff. A tunnel along with body panels would drop quite a few lbs.

M5

I think that would be a great idea for the guys running Alpine and Impulse midmounts to be able to have a 10+ gal fuel tank/seat/tunnel combo on the Nytro.

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Never did answer what happens if you damage the tail of the tunnel in a chute crash?? Then what??:face-icon-small-con

One of the benefits of carbon fiber is it can flex farther then aluminum and does not bend like aluminum. We ride our sleds really hard and they seem to be able to hold up to a beating. You will have to watch Mountain Mod Mania 8 and see how the CF 1200 we built for them holds up.

One example of our CF sleds is Cory Micku's 880. He was up at this years big iron at Revy, and got caught up in the avalanche. Fortunately he made it out OK, but his sled was hit by two big arctic cats in the process. long story short is that the tail section was the only part of the sled with damage. Once we removed the rear bumper, the tunnel straightened back out and we patched it up, put a new bumper on and sent him on his way. He just finished riding that same sled with the Krazy Canadian and will most likely be featured in his next movie.

Most of the time its the aluminum parts such as the bumper that gets bent, not the carbon fiber and the tunnel will hold its shape. We can path the carbon fiber if it needs it and worse case scenario, we can put the chassis back in the mold, fix it up and pop it out - but he haven't had to yet.

Last edited:
A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
C3 Carbon Fiber Yamaha Nytro

C3 PowerSports has given the Carbon Nytro project a green light. We are giving the first 20 customers who place an early deposit a $2500 discount!

We have estimated that a complete Carbon Fiber Nytro kit will be $10,500. This will include a full carbon fiber chassis with integrated fuel tank, carbon fiber side panels, hood and dash. It also includes performance coolers, running boards and drop brackets to fit your favourite suspension. All of this comes to $8,000 for the first 20 build slots…

• The chassis will be able to handle front and mid-mount turbo kits from Powderlites, MCX, Impulse and Alpine.
  • The chassis will be able to use either the Apex, Nytro or Vector engines but use Nytro geometry
  • It will accept any length track up to the 174”x 16” x 3”
  • The integrated fuel cell will have more capacity then the stock tank and will also include our unique baffle system.
  • If you can fit a part on the stock Nytro, you can mount it on our chassis
  • We will utilize the Nytro geometry, but have an optional bracket to create a more rider forward feel.
  • All parts will be super light weight and strong. We have a total target weight loss of around 100 lbs.
  • We are also offering complete component swaps and turbo install services. If you want us to install all your parts (engine, suspension, turbo kit) and have it ready to ride for next season, C3 can make it happen!

Payment Plan:
To be eligible to be a part of this project, and be guaranteed to be riding for next season, an initial deposit of $2,000 is required. Another payment of $2,000 by August first, $2000 by September first, and the remainder upon completion.

The initial $2,000 deposit is refundable up until the point that we begin building your sled. You will be notified once production begins, receive updates along the way and be notified upon completion. You will also gain some input into the design and features of the production model.

Payment can be made online at http://www.c3powersports.com/content/carbon-fiber-yamaha-nytro

For serious inquiries only call 250-803-6852 or 250-833-2001

Last edited:
A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
If it was for an Apex you'd have my money, : (

We have put a turbo Apex with water/methanol injection in our Carbon Fiber Arctic Cat M-Series chassis. We have put a Turbo Arctic Cat M-8 into our Carbon Fiber XP Chassis.

Making the Apex fit into our Carbon Fiber Nytro chassis will be fine. We will engineer it so we can use either the Apex, Nytro or Vector engines.

_r2_c1.jpg

100_0477.jpg

100_1091.jpg

100_1097.jpg

T
Dec 4, 2009
Just put my deposit down

I’ve been looking for something like this for a while. Just put my deposit down and couldn’t be happier! Since I’m part of the first 20 builds, I get to put some input into how the chassis gets built, so I’m guaranteed to get my turbo to fit. Kevin and the guys are really easy to talk to and know their stuff.<o></o>
<o></o>
Im getting my t nitro put into the carbon fiber chassis for a really strong and great looking sled. I think the light weight parts will go good with the turbo. Im not sure how long to make it yet, but it’s going to be a bad *** sled. What do you think? :present:<o></o>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
PLEASE keep all of us in the loop as your project sled progresses.
Would be REALLY nice to see the whole project unfold.

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Nytro Project Update

We are halfway to having enough deposits to get this project on its way. We are still looking for a few more interested people to be a part of this project. To secure a complete sled build for the first snowfall, deposits must be made soon!

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I heard a rumor that it wasn't happening now. I heard not enough interest. I hope it's not true. I sure like the idea.

Premium Features