• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

These sleds have any value left?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
P
Feb 22, 2009
Just like it says....weighing my options...have a 05 900 50th with roughly 5000 on her....top end redone last season and stator as well.

everyone on here knows all the mods so no point listing them just wondering if anyone is still buying them or if i would even beable to sell it if i wanted to

let me know if you know of someone who recently purchased one and what it went for

to another season gone :jaw:

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
A friend of mine sold a completely stock 05 151 with 3000 miles on it and a fresh top end for $3500 Canadian earlier this season.

P
Feb 22, 2009
hmmm wow so really going to be lucky to get like 3300-3000 for mine...ouch going to take a hit for sure on this one if i sell it

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
yeah u definitely take a hit with these babies! I talked to my dealer about maybe trading mine in for a new assault switchback and they said they would give me between 3500 and 3800.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
or keep it forever!
I doubt I will ever get rid of my 9, I'll roll it out of the garage in 10 years and surprise the 2020 sleds! :face-icon-small-coo

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
or keep it forever!
I doubt I will ever get rid of my 9, I'll roll it out of the garage in 10 years and surprise the 2020 sleds! :face-icon-small-coo

hahaha, by 2020 it will be a capitol offense to even own a 2-stroke motor and snowmobiling in the back country as we know it will be something you can only find in historical videos.:face-icon-small-sho

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Have run into an 06 900 with 1800 miles on it and the owner wants less than 4k, Hear it is in great shape and at a steal. Figure Hill Climb would be good time to try and pick it up but probably won't have the money,,,,, Just what I need two of them!!
Interested.....?
If your dealer will take it in on trade consider yourself lucky!

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
yeah u definitely take a hit with these babies! I talked to my dealer about maybe trading mine in for a new assault switchback and they said they would give me between 3500 and 3800.
Take it!!! I can't sell mine and I'm only asking $2800!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
this is how i look at it..but i tend to be a hoarder (but NOT like them people on MTV ;eek:)

if i buy something....its because i like it..its a good deal...so i spend the money it takes to get it setup like i like it, do custom things here and there to make it look new or to fit you...

so whats the point of selling it, and losing all that money...keep it as a spare, a buddy rider, something you can say...chit..i havent ridden that in a while, lets take it out..

i WANT to get a spare 900 (or th 06 rmk 700) so bad...condition is NO worry...i just dont have the money to buy one or i would..ive seen one from $1000-$3000 with either a bad crank..or just need to sell..

down the rode, when i get some money, and find "the deal" i am looking for..i am going to transplant the 900 motor (will be 975 this summer) into an 08+ RAW chassis...and keep my old chassis for a buddy rider ;)

you buy things for a reason...dont let impulse cause you to lose something you used to love, either save it and keep it maintained enough to ride reliable...or sell it to someone that will appreciate your work, and time you spent on it..and pay you what its actually worth...dont give it away

p.s. just to throw this out there for those selling their 900...i am great at making payments ;)

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Good Deal 900

I was fortumate to get a great 900 with lots of Options / mods. it did do a considerable about of minor tuning.

I have 12 rides in this year. Towed a 2005 Rev 18 miles back to the Trailer and a 2008 m10 25 miles back to the Trailer. Boy that really shuts them up,
especially when they are riding some flimsy Rev and after I have ridden every where with them I am still supposed to be the Tow Truck.

Just that alone is work the money to me.

2005 900 166 with just about everything. She ain't pretty (yet) but she goes.

I don't let them ride my 900, I don't think they could handle it.

picture.php

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
hahaha, by 2020 it will be a capitol offense to even own a 2-stroke motor and snowmobiling in the back country as we know it will be something you can only find in historical videos.:face-icon-small-sho

That makes me SAD :face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sad

Last edited:

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
......i WANT to get a spare 900 (or th 06 rmk 700) so bad...condition is NO worry...i just dont have the money to buy one or i would.....

........p.s. just to throw this out there for those selling their 900...i am great at making payments ;)

1. NO! you can't buy mine!! :)

2. If I did sell it to you...(for a obscene amount of money) and I took payments........ (which you couldn't afford) I would insist you install the TARS (Tree Avoidance Radar System) we talked about. I cant have you installing a tree limb into the nose as a hood ornamant while under contract.:D:rofl::thumb:

Sorry man, but you have the tree stigma for life now :) BTW, wasn't there supposed to be some video floating around, or did you buy him off and destroy the DVD....hehehehehehe

And Paramuir..........I still have a thousand or so dollars to put into this sled to get it just the way i want it. 9's and 7's are a addiction
296dhdi.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
1. NO! you can't buy mine!! :)

2. If I did sell it to you...(for a obscene amount of money) and I took payments........ (which you couldn't afford) I would insist you install the TARS (Tree Avoidance Radar System) we talked about. I cant have you installing a tree limb into the nose as a hood ornament while under contract.:D:rofl::thumb:

Sorry man, but you have the tree stigma for life now :) BTW, wasn't there supposed to be some video floating around, or did you buy him off and destroy the DVD....hehehehehehe

HAHAHAHA...damn you guys are cruel, lol...but how can i argue when its all true..

1. i want yours cause you have nice shocks

2. the TARS system is on order ;) the limb on the hood, makes for a SWEET hood ornament, and its good for warning me of upcoming trees...if it breaks, I'm too close to a tree :face-icon-small-win

3. Video....WHAT?? maybe i paid him off with some brewski's...but all i could afford was HAMMS....so thank god he likes it, LOL....:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
Premium Features