• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going to drop some $$$ getting 975

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
Glad to see you got it up and running, all good things take time.If you have not road a 975 in the steep & deep your going too love the new power.Have fun and pray for snow.:D:D
FF:beer;:beer;

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Got the first ride under the belt

Well just got back from a 15 mile ditch ride on the 975. never took it to wot but mid range is good low was a little lean trying to get that dialed in. over all it was a good ride got some tuning done on it and i could pull the skis up when i goosed it :D

just a little disappointed on the low end really need some more tuneing to get it right might have to do some clutching but don't want to dial it in here at a 1000 feet when i we ride mostly 7-10000 out west. just glad it ran and i didn't have any problems.

man it was great to get some seat time after all that work. :D:D:beer;:beer;

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
Glad to hear it was a good first ride for ya. The tuning part of it makes sense though, hope your not too disappointed. I can't add or subtract fuel on mine without a loss of running quality when going down the trail. The right tune is that precise! So they gave you some ballpark numbers to start with?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
put a few decals on the hood to see what they would look like. what do ya guys think?

975final11.jpg

975final14.jpg

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
put a few decals on the hood to see what they would look like. what do ya guys think?

975final11.jpg

975final14.jpg

Looks pretty durn good to me, it breaks up the color a bit, in a good way.

If I had the space for it though, I would do a whole hood graphic from sledwraps.com. But I have hood vents that would kinda ruin it. Still looking for something smaller that interests me. I don't like anything stock-style I guess

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Looks pretty durn good to me, it breaks up the color a bit, in a good way.

If I had the space for it though, I would do a whole hood graphic from sledwraps.com. But I have hood vents that would kinda ruin it. Still looking for something smaller that interests me. I don't like anything stock-style I guess

thanks, I like it i bought these last year and didn't use them. like you said i wanted to break it up a bit.

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
ya that looks good, i wouldnt put to many more cause then it would hide that sweeet orange lol great work! hope you get it all dialed in! :beer;:beer;

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
thanks triple650, i don't plan on putting more. i almost didn't put the rmk ones on i think it turned out just right. now i will have to come up with something else for next year :D

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
BRUCE
I like the look clean & simple;) Wait till you get out west in the steep & deep
that thing is going to rip it up.:D Sorry i cant give you a set up as i run a cat clutch. Finally getting some snow out west not much but some.Have not been out yet.
FF:beer;:beer;

Just seen the skinz bumper in the back ground that will look sweet.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Came out very nice dude. Good job. Love the color. There's no comparison between the 866 and the 975. Eric Bigbore's runs very nice and the mid range reminds me of a 685, except ALOT more. Once you get it dialed, you'll be tickled pink.

Are you spalshing race gas? When I talked to Jack S about the 975's he stated that a race gas blend in that motor was the ticket to making it run regardless of what he did to the head/reflash/controller.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Came out very nice dude. Good job. Love the color. There's no comparison between the 866 and the 975. Eric Bigbore's runs very nice and the mid range reminds me of a 685, except ALOT more. Once you get it dialed, you'll be tickled pink.

Are you spalshing race gas? When I talked to Jack S about the 975's he stated that a race gas blend in that motor was the ticket to making it run regardless of what he did to the head/reflash/controller.

thanks dave,
i am running 100ll av gas in it straight right now with oil in it of course. I am not too worried just the time it takes to dial it in and my time out west is limited. but that is to be expected. i just have to stop changing things on it and get it dialed in and leave it alone :D:D that is hard to do ;)

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Totally finished

Well it is totally done now got the POLZINHUNTER custom rider select delete installed tonight and made some more adjustments to the fuel curve tomorrow it goes in the trailer and we head to the snowies for the weekend for test and tune.

We are taking 2 900's my 975 and a 800 skidoo so we will have to see how bad we can spank the skidoo :p:D:p

thanks to all for the input and going through this huge project with me. hope it helps others with their builds

here are pics of the awesome RS delete build just for this project by Polzinhunter

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Good work BD... best of luck on the test ride, take that ski doo doo to school! :D:D:D:beer;

oh we will. we have to do some tuning on my brothers 900 too. I installed a power commander III usb on it lastnight. it is for the newer 800's, i had to custom wire it in and i put a rkt head on it and man what a diff. that made. it made the idle 7% lean i had to add fuel with the PC to compinsate so he is going to have fun dialing it in. if it works i will be getting rid of my boondocker and installing one of those on my 975. heck i may try to install the PC-V with auto tune just for fun :D:D

here is the updated slideshow click on the picture and use cooke09 for the password. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/BIGGDAWG800/975 rebuild/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited:
Premium Features