• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ADDED: 2005 RMK/FUSION 900 IQ BILLET chaincase option!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Wow this is turning into a big PITA huh Craig? As for the fill hole in the cover, years ago Arctic Cat used a 3/4'' hole and a rubber grommet simalar to the belly pan grommet for the Gen II chassis that covered the clutch bolt hole. I see no reason why that would not work and will make it easy to fill.

Where do you see the PITA comments?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
attachment.php

2005 chaincase.jpg

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Wow this is turning into a big PITA huh Craig? As for the fill hole in the cover, years ago Arctic Cat used a 3/4'' hole and a rubber grommet simalar to the belly pan grommet for the Gen II chassis that covered the clutch bolt hole. I see no reason why that would not work and will make it easy to fill.

Na! No PITA here!I just want to make the best part I can! Looks like it wil be an aluminum Pipe plug like the ones MH potsed located under the upper gear between the chain ( Thanks for the pics and links MH:))

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Cover Ideas sound great... my personal opinion would be the bigger the fill hole the better, perhaps the same size as the fill plug is for the '06s. I'd rather be able to fill it with a regular automotive funnel than having to find something super small to use just for that.

my $.02

:beer;:beer;

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I too am in favor of a larger fill hole like 1/2 pipe plug. that is the same size as a lot of rear end fill plugs and transfer case fill plugs. or even 3/4 pipe plug.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
GREAT INPUTS guys...this is exactly what Kreg is looking for...i am not as knowledgable as some of you guys so this really helps out!!

The fill plugs that MH posted are perfect for this appilication..i like the 1/2" fill hole myself..

i will also update the drain plug to the newer myslef..no issues there..

if NOT anodizing will cost costs and allow for most to afford the cover, i will do whatever majority says,..and get it colored myself..or leave it raw finsihed and DonBrown suggested..

Good ideas....keep them coming..

I can take some pics if needed from top angle to give ideas of location..however..like MH stated..much easier to just remove the can and fill the chaincase..unless there is a leak, you wont be messing with the fluid until your next oil change IMO..

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
So ... what do you think they will cost per unit?

Good question! I dont know the answer . I am trying to get things dialed in and product made right now. It will be in line with the other covers out there in think. I just havent spent any time looking at the cost I know I can make them at a price where they will sell and I can make a buck. At present the milling time is about double what I would like it to be but thats the real art in what I do IMO .Finding ways to make it faster is time consuming for me. I do more lathe than mill work so I am a bit slower than we all would prefer .:)I am trying hard to get the prototype out ASAP so when that's done I will have a better Idea of the final cost.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Finally ! We have parts

Not such a good pic but its been a long day ! I will shoot some better ones tomorrow when its out of the mahine and all the way done I have a few more tweaks but its looking good so far !

img00067 (2).jpg

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
THAT THING IS HUGE!!!!!!

lol...KREG...LOOKING OUTSTANDING...cant wait to see some more of that baby...

It will be over 1/8" thiner than it is right now but it is a chunk thats for sure! the blank is 5-7 lbs :eek::eek: it will be pretty light when its all finished. its lost alot of weight already. This cover will be in your hands this week!:)

mcfly13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
06 chaincase cover

great thread for the 05 cover but where can i find an 06 cover i know i have seen them but dont know where
thanx
Mcfly

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Update!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys..

GREAT NEWS..got the latest update from POLZINHUNTER. We are set and he is working on the final product batch this week..

Please read the following info carefully and feel free to email me with any clarification at my email guidoxpress@hotmail.com or PM me here...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test fit has been completed and a few things were noticed and are being corrected now...and the final product will be ready to go by next week, with that being said...

The price of the cover has been set at $165/free shipping (US only, Canada please PM polzinhunter for shipping info). This price is set for snowest members only and if sold elsewhere price is TBD.

However...to begin the final stages of production it has been requested that a $50/depoist be placed to pay for materials, (which include the aluminum sheet/sight glass/gaskets/fill plugs to go with cover) and the remainder at time of shipping...unless you would like to pay in full now

I would like to be informed when payments have been sent so i can keep track of WHO has paid, and HOW much has been paid so i can check you off the list..Kreg is VERY busy and i would like to keep it as simple as possible for him...

To send PAYPAL, please send either the $50 deposit, or Full price to Kregs paypal account: kregp@qwestoffice.net
If you do NOT have a paypal account and would like to mail a money order, perferably no personal check, (but we can work with anyone if need be) please PM me or email me for Kregs Address and i will give it to you..

Kreg would like to complete a batch of 10 covers at a time, but will shoot to have them all completed and ready for shipping as soon as next week...

The Cover Kit will INCLUDE, Billet cover, cover gasket, sight glass, fill plug.

22 People are in for the covers right now...so we have had a great showing on these covers...so THANK YOU ALL

Please, all i need when money is sent is a PM to let me know who, and how much so its documented..

Last edited:
Premium Features