• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

***Montana Wilderness Bill!!!!!!

S
Nov 27, 2007
Livingston, MT
Posting in the main forum since land use get less play. (Sorry if this is a repeat, but I didn't see anything about this anywhere here)

Summer turns to mountain biking for this guy, but I recently saw some scary stuff that could affect the sledding season also. Senator Testor is currently working on drafting a bill for some new wilderness in Montana. I'm not opposed to protecting land, but I am opposed to wilderness as it will further limit the the ever shrinking riding (sledding, biking, whatever your pleasure) oppurtunities we currently have.

Here's a link to the Montana Mountain bike Alliance site where I recently read this news, it just never ends lately:
http://www.montanamountainbikealliance.com/action/write-a-letter

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
anyone got any of the info to send leters to tester, i know there is a website with that stuff on it.

i may not be the most involved, but i sure as heck will send some emails and make a call or two if i can get some contact info on it.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Livingston, MT
anyone got any of the info to send leters to tester, i know there is a website with that stuff on it.

i may not be the most involved, but i sure as heck will send some emails and make a call or two if i can get some contact info on it.

http://tester.senate.gov/Contact/offices.cfm

I mailed my letter to his D.C. office. Sorry guys, there isn't any super easy sign a letter, mass email spam thingy to send. A good ol' typed or even hand written letter carries much more weight than email with Senators and Congressmen/women. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to write a letter.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Glad to see something already posted on here. Thanks sledneckskier
Just got a SAWS email today about it.
Tester is a jackhole and we need to get him outta there.
Just a simple email saying please don't designate more wilderness and how it will affect you...simple to the point and short. I think those letters get read before the 2 pagers do.
No name calling or threats either, those automatically go in the FOR wilderness pile.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I live over by where Tester is from. Not many people have much good to say about him. I'll be sending off an email.

Premium Features