• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Water in my chaincase

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
My last two ride have been in really deep snow, and I have found water in my chaincase both times, I can not find where it is coming from. I have had my case apart many times in the past and never had this problem. Does any one know what the purpose of that black plug on the chaincase, is it a vent? In the nytro manual they show greasing it. I pulled it out last summer and just stuck it back in and now I am having this problem. Oil is also coming out and water is going in, and the only place it looks like it could be is that plug.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
Thanks for the replies, I took it all apart last week and checked everything and could not find where the oil was coming out and the water coming in. Today I took it all apart and it became painfully obvious, the seal behind the brake rotor had big chunks missing this time, as I took it all apart the bearing behind that seal was wrecked also, looks like I will be replacing al kinds of stuff, including all the seals.

Premium Features