• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Protective Gear (SPG) Handlebars

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
My SPG bars just arrived on Friday. Very, Very nice.... I will post some pics when I get them finished....

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
With the SPG or any other bar with built in hooks, you will need to have a two piece throttle block.

Who's 2 piece throttle block do you suggest? Something with a kill switch would be nice. :D

RSI,

Would you say your aluminum bars with high powered hot grips are just as warm as the stock Polaris setup? My hands are kinda sensitive to the cold so anything with less heat than stock is not an option.

RSI

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
BOISE, IDAHO
www.rsiracing.com
Who's 2 piece throttle block do you suggest? Something with a kill switch would be nice. :D

RSI,

Would you say your aluminum bars with high powered hot grips are just as warm as the stock Polaris setup? My hands are kinda sensitive to the cold so anything with less heat than stock is not an option.

We have riders that are running these right now and have been throughout the winter. Most of them say they are plenty warm on low and on high they occasionaly turn them back to low after they got all warmed up. If you run our Hi Power heaters on steel or our Carbon Tapered bars they will get even hotter. Great thing about a switch is if they get too hot turn them down or off. Hope this helps.

We photographed some product for RSI, and after looking at what I saw my new sled will be ALL RSI. My old sled had fly and I'll be makin the switch. Thier quality is top notch. I'm partial to the mountain bend carbon bars. RSI aluminum carbon bar, pivoting 9 inch riser, bar hooks, high power heaters, and grips. Thats what I'll be doing.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
We have riders that are running these right now and have been throughout the winter. Most of them say they are plenty warm on low and on high they occasionaly turn them back to low after they got all warmed up. If you run our Hi Power heaters on steel or our Carbon Tapered bars they will get even hotter. Great thing about a switch is if they get too hot turn them down or off. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

So your grip heaters have to be powered by a certain switch or can they be controlled by the stock Polaris handwarmer control?

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Sweet, thanks for the help. I'll be giving you guys a call when I pick up my RMK. I'm not a fan of the stock bars and the high powered hot grips sound nice.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id

RSI,

Fastrax has a two piece billet block that incorporates a polaris kill switch.
Will these bars fit under a standard cover since they are wider?

C

closed

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 15, 2008
Lake Stevens Wa.
Which wire is Hi, Low Ground?

You can use your existing stock switch or we are offering a nice hi / low plastic rocker switch for $9.95

Recieved my new RSI Grip heaters... Thanks:beer;

Do you happen to know out of the three wires on the Polaris switch in 2008, which one is Hi, Low and ground??

Options:confused:

Blue
Blue/Red Stripe
Brown

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Make a new RSI heater thread... keeps it "on point"

QUOTE=VINNEE;838906]Recieved my new RSI Grip heaters... Thanks:beer;

Do you happen to know out of the three wires on the Polaris switch in 2008, which one is Hi, Low and ground??

Options:confused:

Blue
Blue/Red Stripe
Brown[/QUOTE]

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
posted up some info and got a lot of PM's... so I thought I would post it here.

I am NOT a dealer for SPG nor do I have any of these bars to sell..

This is simply a FYI about a good product that I use.

SPG is a quality driven company that has taken the time to answer a lot of questions on the phone and has come up with some great products.

http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/snowmobileproduct.html

They currently have 2", 4" 6", 8" and 10"" rise bars with or without bar hooks and, which I think is great... at my request built in mounts for Mountain grab straps.

Available in Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange

These bars are very high quality with deep knurling in the clamp area, all cromoly construction with 5 degree rise and 8 degree sweep for perfect stand up riding feel.

600_Handle_Bars_-_Hooks_Cut.JPG

600_4_Inch_Riser_Bars_Blue.jpg

Pic of my SPG bars with the Stock Polaris Polybar mounted
SPGbars.jpg

There are a few different vendors on the 4M here that sell the SPG products... give em your business!!

SPG's full line of bars...These show the hooked bars, available as straight bars, without hooks, as well

Great for the M-S and Dragons / Assault No extra Block riser needed.

Top to bottom 10", 8", 6", 4", 2"

Without hook, My 4" bar shown
SPGMountainBar-Straight4inch.jpg

Full line, shown with hooks
SPGMountainBars-FullSet2.jpg

Premium Features