• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

handlebar gauntlets

D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
Anyone running a handlebar gauntlets they really like? I was running a pair of kolpin's, And I don't like them. They keep hitting my kill switch. And I can't get my hands in them quickly.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

D

Dband212

Sep 17, 2013
Northern utah
Good mitts

I'm running some called snow paws. They are bigger in size than the few others I've been able to look at. I installed them over my wrap around hand guards. It takes a minute to get them on and sitting where I want them. Putting them over my hand guards holds them open so I can get my hand In quite easy, and to top it off they are really warm. Haven't been riding on any really cold days yet but all I've ever worn glove wise is just a regular motocross glove. This is the link to them. Check them out.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/962/9653/Bag-Man-Snow-Paws

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
hand protection

I have run three sets on my bike so far.

Hi Perf Engineering model tooo flimsy, hands were warm, thin flimsy insulated nylon, still have them. surprisingly tough, had to ride across a slushy lake into teeth of blizzard wicked in third, wipe my googles with left hand, could never get my hand back into flapping gauntlet, was a little exciting until I was back on shore line, last ride for them.

TUSK......inexpensive, yup metal holds opening open, too tight for my XL hands, my pal still running his, after tree riding since November they are shot, ripped tattered, but did the job.

made a set out of tough tool box drawer liner............pretty ugly, 3 rides and they are looking a little tough, still keeping hands dry. Just ordered a set of Polaris ATV guards , we'll see if they are scrap by spring.

R
Mar 24, 2009
I have the Power Madd and have been very happy with them. They are stiff enough that the openings stay open and the controls are very accessible. My hands have stayed toasty warm with no grip heaters all season, even on a day with rain/snow mix at the bottom. Bought them on Amazon.

B
Jan 23, 2012
Colorado
I'm using this one and very happy with it. Very heavy duty and seems to work just fine. My hands get cold very easily and I lose all feeling in them because I froze them when I was a kid in Michigan. I have grip warmers too and don't have any issues with my hands on the Mountain Horse.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerMadd-PM1...1391379857&sr=8-1&keywords=powermadd+gauntlet

The Power Madd's are what I used last year. They worked well but this season I am using the Giant Loop Bushwackers. So far I am very happy with them. They keep the wind off your hands without having to deal with a full gauntlet.

bushaction2.jpg

Premium Features