• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 xm x teather

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
after a stuck throttle and a totaled sled back on my 09 that had 130 miles on it I have become very religious at wearing my teather.

This being said, on the 13 xm's the teather is on the opposite side compared to all my prior skidoos, and opposite all od the d rings on my klim gear. This has caused me to get tangled up in the tether and gotten me into trouble several times

Anyone else experience this problem? Anyone relocated their tether? Any other suggestions besides teth-air or adding d rings to riding gear?
Thanks

A

Alpine_Bound

Apr 22, 2009
Too many to list
Took me a while to find the perfect spot to clip mine but I have had the best luck looping mine around my left wrist, have had it snag on tree branches the odd time but never gets tangled up on anything else.

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I just drilled a hole in the other side of the steering post in, mirrored from where it is now. Then I used the hole that was there to put in a cigarette lighter plug to power my gps in the hole that was there. I want it to clip on the middle of my body so if I do fall off under my sled it comes off. There is a chance if it is clipped on my wrist that it won't come off because my arm would reach far enough up.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
I think its awsome where they moved it to i wear mine on my right wrist cause unless i am in trouble that had is always on the throttle and doesnt move

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Right wrist works the best for me....its the only thing that stays in the same place almost all the time. On my waist it gets wrapped around the bars constantly when turning.

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
skidoo_guy, did you have to cut any wires to move it to the other side or were you able to make everything stretch? could you post a pic?

I have tried the wrist thing and it just doest not fit my style, the caribeaner on the backpack is a good idea , i still prefer it on the other side though
thanks all for the input

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't remember it being a big deal to move. Only thing to watch is where you drill through. If I remember right I should have moved mine a bit to the right as there was something on the bottom side it got close to interfering with.

IMG_20131002_095155_397.jpg

Premium Features