• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This plays right into the hands of the insurgents

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
So the terrorists will now move into locations zoned residential rather than war zones. Let's go ahead and tell the terrorists our "rules of engagement" before we tell our troops.

Sounds like the policy that if a "bush" is shooting at you, you can't fire back until you verify the threat behind the bush is a "bad guy".

What happened to self-defense?

Hopefully there is some small print somewhere that says "if a terrorist takes an innocent family hostage and takes hiding in their home, then rules of engagement apply". You sit there and wait until the sniper gets a clear shot of the "bad guy" rather than calling in for an air strike to level the place.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Can you say.....
Vietnam?

Same thing.
Politicians playing soldier.
They need to release the military to do it's job.
What is the purpose of any military force?
To kill and destroy your ememies.
Period.
If the locals don't like getting killed, they need to stop protecting or giving safe haven to the terrorist.

This ruling will kill a LOT of american soldiers.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Did you miss this part?
American commanders say such deaths hurt their mission because they turn average Afghans against the government and international forces.

Very Valid. If you kill civilians they wil start fighting you eventually.

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
Did you miss this part?

Very Valid. If you kill civilians they wil start fighting you eventually.

No I did not miss that part, I just have friends over there & would love for them to come home unscathed, Plus be able to use whatever means necessary so they can come home unscathed.

I guess that my problem with Obama is I cant understand what he really stands for?

The Leaked by the Left Abu Ghraib photos caused a lot more death & injuries to our service people than civilians being killed while supporting insurgents.

By RYAN LUCAS, Associated Press Writer Ryan Lucas, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 46 mins ago
ISLAMABAD – President Barack Obama's national security adviser reiterated the United States' strong support for Pakistan in its battle with Taliban militants during talks with senior Pakistani leaders on Thursday.

Islamabad, meanwhile, called for an end to U.S. missile attacks on its soil, two days after a suspected drone strike killed 80 people in the country's northwest.

A
Apr 2, 2009
I wish we could just find a peaceful solution to this mess and end all of the killing, I'm sure if we give it a chance Obama's plan of negotiating with rogue nations will work sans violence.

M

MN_Nole

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Big Lake, MN
I wish we could just find a peaceful solution to this mess and end all of the killing, I'm sure if we give it a chance Obama's plan of negotiating with rogue nations will work sans violence.

WE need Regan, no more than ever. Peace through superior firepower.

I wish my best friend and his team the best now more than ever. NAvy EOD, deploying to trash'ghanistan'. Leave politics to the so called politicains, and let the military to thier job, lets not change the rules midstream.

Screw it, Disney Iraq, and Afghan as the parking lot..

W
Jan 2, 2008
The best thing to do would be to pack up and go home. Let Israel fight its own enemies. The troops need to enforce the borders of the USA and mexico so it doesnt become a third world sesspool.

I'm going to have to agree with ya there, with the military being hamstrung by our current admin it'd just be better to pull out and come home.

Premium Features