• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp front end heavy

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
M
Mar 31, 2008
What can u do to make the front end feel lighter on an xp? Hard to boondock just feels heavier than hell. Came off polaris and there seems to be a big diff. Wears a person out by the end of the day.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Let your limiter strap out. It makes it feel really light, however on the trails you will lose some steering authority. I let mine all the way out and performs much better in the powder. Don't really ride trails much.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Limiter out, remove the sway bar.....by far the easiest and most forgiving chassis to ride when setup properly. :beer;

M
Mar 31, 2008
I rode a dragon before and it felt so nimble. This thing just wears me out when going slow in trees. Sway bar is out. Ill check the limiter. Floats on front with 60psi. Big john clutching and big bore. The clutching seem finicky at times when going from parking lot to high elevation climbing. Rev limiter down low then moving clickers and shockwave up high.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
rotate your bars back. loosen up the riser at the bottom and roll it back. puts your weight back a little making it easier to steer.
X2....just a few inches back and it's a different sled. once you get it in the right spot, the front end will feel light as a feather. wheelie when you want, step forward and it stays planted for climbing.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
handlebars001.jpg
:D:D:D

I.P.Yellow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
When you guys say limiter out one hole you realize that you are also giving up climbing ability for easier handling aren't you? Because lengthening the limiter will bring the front end up in turn having less track on the ground.

K
Oct 2, 2008
Clarkston W.A.
jUST SELL THAT P.O.S and buy a real sled, like one of those excapes i hear they go good in the pow. lots of floatation. p.s. ill give ya 10,000 for that front end heavy 860 xp that will climb higher than any non turbo sled out there. sory they dont handle as good as one of those tub trailing arm chasis for all that road riding we do.

klpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
seattle
jUST SELL THAT P.O.S and buy a real sled, like one of those excapes i hear they go good in the pow. lots of floatation. p.s. ill give ya 10,000 for that front end heavy 860 xp that will climb higher than any non turbo sled out there. sory they dont handle as good as one of those tub trailing arm chasis for all that road riding we do.

now that's funny!

i'll give it to ya the dragon seemed easier to ride, but point it up a hill and my xp kills the dragon...like for like sleds.

i'm tryin to tune my susp. as well to get the polaris "feel" as that's what i'm used to. but i wouldn't trade my xp for a dragon in a minute! it's all about performance baby!

i'm gonna try the sway bar next time out?

C
Dec 3, 2007
Waconia MN
you might want to try some differernt skies mine seam to dive alot and i think if the front end floated better it would maybe feel lighter i am goin to try some simmons gen 2s my next time out

M
Mar 31, 2008
keystone

I make u a deal 12500. and that 500 mile big bore will be in your garage. And ill start my dragon mod. No joke. Thats what i have in not counting any labor.

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
When you guys say limiter out one hole you realize that you are also giving up climbing ability for easier handling aren't you? Because lengthening the limiter will bring the front end up in turn having less track on the ground.

I think you have this backwards. Lengthening the limiter puts more track on the ground, but also takes away ski pressure necessary for turning.

sierra sleder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2008
Montana
Limiter out, remove the sway bar.....by far the easiest and most forgiving chassis to ride when setup properly. :beer;

I have my sway bar disconnected on one side now. Would love to get rid of that thing all together. What did you do to plug the holes the rod left behind? Any pics?

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
If you loosten your limeter strap, it will make it easier to turn, but it gets a little scary on the hills, as your front end doesn't like to stay down. I tightened mine back up, and it's a little harder to steer on the trail, but it seems to climb a little better. Espically in the powder, as it doesn't seem to trench as bad.

Keep your sway bar in for the trail ride up there, and then just remove it when you get in the mountains. It's night & day difference with it in on the trail. It only takes 5 seconds with the quick release. JMO!

sierra sleder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2008
Montana
Keep your sway bar in for the trail ride up there, and then just remove it when you get in the mountains. It's night & day difference with it in on the trail. It only takes 5 seconds with the quick release. JMO!

keep only one side hooked up for the trail (like it is now), then un hook it when in the goods, and let the bar with the ears hang free and flop around? Is this what you mean?

Premium Features