For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: S-2000 and older 1998 and older, all models in the S-2000 chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
polrmk900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 98 mxz 500 wont go

hey i just bought a 98 mxz 500 rotax with rave for a spare and for the kids bought her as is knowing it wont start. so i got her in the garage now pulled the plugs and checked the spark and the spark seems a bit weird to me like when i pulled her over she wont show spark everytime maybe every second pull she would show spark any ideas what to do before i buys a coil or anything .......

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Currently: riding and fixing
letrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant futureletrbuck has a brilliant future

does it have resistor type plugs in it like br9es?
plug wires corroded at the boot internally ?
both these problems I had on a 98 583 summit
put resister type plugs in it, it had b9's in it the r in the above indicates a resistor type plug
plug wire cores were corroded cut the ends off to good wire and put ngk screw on replacements on still running great
don't know if your problem is the same but worth a look before buying a coil ??

Old 01-21-2015, 12:42 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
polrmk900 is an unknown quantity at this point

already traced the problem down trigger coil was broke off and the cdi was gone thanks anyways thou........