• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 XM Track Speed to Gain

TRUDOO

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2008
Donnelly, ID
Finally found some fairly good snow on a fairly steep hill with trees for some in and out throttle to test the clutching and track speed for this years setup. Snow was waist deep and fairly light. Elev. 7100 ft

I am getting 43 mph track speed by resetting the gauge at the bot of the hill.

Is there more track speed to be gained? or not?
Would aftermarket primary arms help? Like Tom's or others. Or is there something else that might help. Or should I shut up and ride the crap out of it. lol

In & out of throttle is great. Jumps right back to 7900-8000 rpm and maintains. Back shifts great. Clutch temps are good. I can hold my hands on both after a long pull. Primary is slightly hotter.
Here is the setup.
Primary
Stock arms & ramps w/ 15 grams
160-380 spring
clicker 4

Secondary
Team Tied
140-240 spring

220 lbs suited
Diamond S hood w/ UNI filter & pre-filter
163" Stock track & suspension. Rear moved back 3/4"
Tom's wedges
SLP can (have the most current update widening the range on the sensor) The first update sucked with a can. This one seems to be ok. Still rich in the middle if you are putting around in the tight trees. It will bog the first time you open it up. But once you clean it out there is no bog.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
43 mph is right there, about what I was getting with a similar sled and Roosterbuilt clutching. Going to have to spend some real money to get much more. I would run it!:face-icon-small-ton

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
43 is just the max mph the track ever got. Which was probably at the bottom of the hill. A more accurate time to read track speed is just at turn out. If you see much below 35 at turn out then there is probably a better setup to be had.

Premium Features