• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05' Ford defrost issue

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Well i am hoping some of you guys can help me out here. I've got an 05' F-550 powerstroke and the air system is stuck on defrost. The dealer told me that it was probably a vaccum leak somewhere but i can't seem to find anything. If anyone has some insite i'd appreciate it. When i started to trace the vaccum lines i did find that the grey line under the hood was unhooked and now i'm not sure of where it goes for sure.

M

mblanken881

Nov 27, 2007
Sioux City, IA
That happened to my 99 F250. There was a plug under the passenger side dash inside the truck that had come unplugged. Plug it back together and it should work again.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Ya i traced all of the lines the best that I could. Everything seems to be in order, but i must till be missing something. It's my work truck so I think it's going to the shop on Monday. I'll have a little more time to mess with it on Sunday so i'll go over it all again. Thanks for the input.

Premium Features