• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 Duramax Power

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
best thing to do if you want alot of HP is get the PPE programmer, some may say efi live is better( which it can be) but the majority of people that get the EFI live get it for the live tuning settings, which im guessing you probably dont want to mess with.. the PPE will come with many different settings (towing, performance, mileage, etc)..and exhaust would be mandatory, you DONT want high egt's..ive always used MBRP on my trucks, good price, great quality, excellent service..intake is kind of up to you alot of poeple go with the AFE..personally i dont like the banks, edge, bully dog stuff.. if you do your research you will find alot better bang for your buck..

Dec 10, 2007
Zillah, WA.
I love the power of my 06 LBZ, but I wish I had the fuel mileage of your 05. I'd leave it unless you feel like you can't pull.

X2, my LBZ is a goer.

the only time it disappoints me is when you are pulling a hill and have to back out of it. to rebuild a good head of steam takes the turbo a little time. ALL the rest of the time that truck rocks! :face-icon-small-hap

X
Oct 26, 2008
ppe edge bully dog are all good programmers for the guys looking to gain a little power but not jump into a built transmission right away.

do an exhaust and an lbz mouthpiece. do not waste your money on a cold air intake unless you really just want it for looks, the stock intake flows more than enough for 500whp, i've got a friends truck with an aurora 5000 turbo and still running the stock intake and its works great.

rob coddens (adrenaline truck performance) is a great tuner, probably the best out there

here's a pic of my engine bay with home built twin turbos 550whp / 1100 tq and 45psi boost

underhood1.jpg

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
EFI Live is definitely the place for custom programs, but were I you I might just look at a Banks Package and call it good, they seem to be the best bang for the buck and you can keep the tune down to avoid tranny problems

Premium Features