• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loss of electric power, sled won't idle...

Boomshaw

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2007
San Jose, California
Okay, so I start my 2006 700 RMK as usual and let it warm up a bit. I get on it and try to put it in reverse (perc) and nothing happens. I look down at my MFD and my electric power meter is flashing and down to one bar. Then it sputters and dies. I try to start it and can't get it started. Three more pulls and hold the throttle open a bit and it starts up. I high rev it and watch the electric meter gain bars until full up but when I let it idle again, they slowly start dropping back down.

Long story short, I rode the sled all day. As long as it didn't sit and idle and you ran it, it was fine. It would idle fine as long as the power meter was built up.

Anyone else ever have this happen? I looked in my manual and it sounds like it could be the capacitor or the chassis relay. Took it to the dealer and of course it will not replicate the problem and ran fine for them.

Any help?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Check for any short-to-grounds.

Handwarmers are notorious for doing that.

Unplug/turn off what you can, see if that fixes the problem, then troubleshoot from there.

Premium Features