• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

St Helens tomorrow

W
Sep 9, 2013
I would like to if I can get the day off. Would just want to stick to the flats/trees with the amount of snow that has fallen in the last couple days.

J
Dec 13, 2018
st helens???
i have a sneaky feeling that my buddy is going to bail. i still have the weekend if i could tag along with anyone.

S
Mar 24, 2010
St. Helens

New snow tonight with blue sky tomorrow who wants to do Helen's. If you know the area and want a couple guys to ride with let me know.03/24/2019

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
St Helens update?

I'm curious how much snow is at the cougar and Marble mountain snoparks? I'm trying to get any idea how long we have until it gets closed down for the season.

I'm hoping to do a campout down there this spring. Any input on conditions would be great.

S
Nov 30, 2007
Vancouver, WA
I rode on Tuesday and we had fresh snow everywhere we went. We rode out of Marble and the ride in wasn't too bad. Definitely a little bumpy but I've seen worse. We went in through Pine Creek, which was a little beat up. Overall great day. Not sure what the up coming week of rain is going to do. The down side with April next week is the parking lot is going to start filling up with non sledding people who can't park. Saw it last year. They don't seem to understand the park in the middle rule. Makes it harder with a trailer. Anyway, hoping to get out at least once more.

Tracy

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
St helens

what was the depth of the snow at the snow park and then at the Lahar? Just trying to get an idea how long we will have access before it all melts out.

Thanks,
Brent

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
There were groomed trails out of Cougar snopark. It was like riding in a dream.
Access to Sheep Canyon remains problematic but doable. Still lots of snow on the west side and nobody tracking it up.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
The west side is open longer for 2 reasons. Reason one, they open up the gate at Cougar snowpark and you just drive up the road until you hit snow. Reason two, you drive in the back way past Lake Merril and come up the road to the horse camping area. There is all kinds of snow on the west side.

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The west side is open longer for 2 reasons. Reason one, they open up the gate at Cougar snowpark and you just drive up the road until you hit snow. Reason two, you drive in the back way past Lake Merril and come up the road to the horse camping area. There is all kinds of snow on the west side.

Thanks for the info.!

anyone ride last weekend?

C
Apr 4, 2013
Still good

I rode st helens last weekend still snow from parking lot all the way up except bridges. Was a little thin from road to lahar but lahar was good with about 3inches of new and was still snowing all the way down to parking lot when i left sunday at 530. Im saying go for it this weekend if you want to should be alright.

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
st helens

I rode st helens last weekend still snow from parking lot all the way up except bridges. Was a little thin from road to lahar but lahar was good with about 3inches of new and was still snowing all the way down to parking lot when i left sunday at 530. Im saying go for it this weekend if you want to should be alright.

I think I'm stuck at work this weekend. do you think it will be good for the weekend of 4/27-4/28? I don't mind scratching to get to the access point just wondering if the lahar or pine creek access will still be good.

C
Apr 4, 2013
So it was my first time up there so im not familiar with pine creek etc but the road from the parking lot all the way up was still covered there were rocks and pretty thin snow cutting over to the lahar and some rocks starting to show at the bottom of the lahar getting better on up. Im going to check it out again tomorrow so i can give you a report wo4th a few pics. Im thinking after the rain and all with warm temps could be rough next weekend. Just a heads up i think stevens pass is going to be open to sleds next saturday they still have over 60 inches.

Premium Features