• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TSS Low boost turbo

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
well if they run great without them I guess there is no need for them. I have yet to see one (aerocharger) run great! I'm sure a lot is depending on riding style as well.

Yeah I knew that comment would get Fred going. Anyone have some popcorn?? :face-icon-small-hap

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
Lol not trying to get anyone going just sharing my experiences. I guess if you are going to to just run low boost there is no real need for a w2a. But I pretty much guarantee that you will eventually want to turn it up and leave it up :) IMO there is nothing that will make a turbo run more consistant . Fred I don't doubt your sled works great but I also bet you are great tuner and are above the average joe with a turbo kit!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
In theory a a/w has to be better you would think then none for dropping charge temps... But they work fairly good with out

Here is a hill in the back of keystone... It's a Ulgy sucker and is ussally to much for the 880

The non intercooler aero holds rpm fine to the top and when I looked on this pull had a max charge temp Of 97f

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFredoJRk4

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
In theory a a/w has to be better you would think then none for dropping charge temps... But they work fairly good with out

Here is a hill in the back of keystone... It's a Ulgy sucker and is ussally to much for the 880

The non intercooler aero holds rpm fine to the top and when I looked on this pull had a max charge temp Of 97f

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFredoJRk4

That pull was 20 seconds long in Hero snow. Aero sells 10 to 1 over Garrett style. You dont really believe that????

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
G
Apr 23, 2008
Charge temps this past weekend on my air to water and garrett we never over 67 degrees at 8 psi. Marks on his 66 were 130 to 144. Degrees..
I use the edit ignore button for Frew d and the liars.
Gonna shot some vids of the aeroheater getting towed..He wants to swap now as well. Back over that toy turbo with the lawnmower.

M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
I run an aero kit at 8# with snow to air. I did start out without the intercooler and added it after. It did make a difference and I would recommend it no matter which kit you went with. As far as the pissing match between kits, I am very happy with my kit and have 4400kms on it. runs great. would definitely do it again. have heard great things about tss also but have not had the opportunity to ride with one. my friends have Turbo Polaris's with garret and aero and all run great also. with todays fuel injection and programmers it seems you will be happy no matter what you boost.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Great to hear your info about there snow air, you say you seen a difference after adding it, are you talking so much that you needed clutching changes or just seat of the pants

Brad had said they make a difference, but never mentioned how much charge temps would be cooler... Can't seam to get mine over a 100f now, so don't really know what gain I would see

I run an aero kit at 8# with snow to air. I did start out without the intercooler and added it after. It did make a difference and I would recommend it no matter which kit you went with. As far as the pissing match between kits, I am very happy with my kit and have 4400kms on it. runs great. would definitely do it again. have heard great things about tss also but have not had the opportunity to ride with one. my friends have Turbo Polaris's with garret and aero and all run great also. with todays fuel injection and programmers it seems you will be happy no matter what you boost.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
Charge temps this past weekend on my air to water and garrett we never over 67 degrees at 8 psi. Marks on his 66 were 130 to 144. Degrees..
I use the edit ignore button for Frew d and the liars.
Gonna shot some vids of the aeroheater getting towed..He wants to swap now as well. Back over that toy turbo with the lawnmower.

Are you seriously going to bog down another thread with your aerocharger hate? I personally think a video of your sled tearing it up in the hills would lend a little more credibility to your arguement. For the record I don't own aerocharger turbo and I can't say I have my heart set on buying one, but for the love of god dude this Shizz is getting old!

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
a turboed sled with a water to air kit will make more power than a turboed sled that's not water to air. That's a fact. do you need a water to air kit to have a blast no. Do you want the most out of your turboed sled? if the answer is yes get a water to air kit.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Are you seriously going to bog down another thread with your aerocharger hate? I personally think a video of your sled tearing it up in the hills would lend a little more credibility to your arguement. For the record I don't own aerocharger turbo and I can't say I have my heart set on buying one, but for the love of god dude this Shizz is getting old!

Did you read the whole thread??? Fred and his Aero facts. Its a bunch of BS.
When you compress air it heats up.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA

Would certainly be intertaining to see gus sled in action....so much talk with nothing to see...yet (that i know of anyway!) , More funny would be grandpa gus holding the bars!!! In french we call dude like him " grande gueule" witch translate to: big mouth.
I never see with my hm turbos kit + intercooler (polaris pro) more then 40C charge temp running at 8-9 ABSOLUTE psi (wich we can check with our ECU internal logger. The aero turbos are more maintenance then a conventional turbo and the vains with the rod need attention"too often" to my taste...but overall, a good low boost turbo(mine has over 8600km) and never been rebuilt...just regular maintenance(oil).....and a bit of grinding vain's rode(last time 30 thousands) going funky(over boosting).

Vi-pec Powersports

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
In English for smart people.. 40 c = 104 f !!
Vipec say hot dog cooker. WITH INTERCOOLER. TOP NOTCH DESIGN

ginzo, use search function,, 43 videos of sled in action since 2009.. you need to learn how to use computer for knowledge not peddle trinkets.

Last edited:
Premium Features