• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Turbo Kits---soon!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Im curious to know who is making a custom pipe specific for a turbo and why the need for a custom pipe ?

Will a custom pipe turn the turbo's fan faster ? And if so how much faster ?

OT

We had a turbo pipe on our OVS Dragon 800, Williamson was building them I believe. Heavier gauge, the different fittings to seal better and different dimensions to make better use of the higher RPM the turbo's like.

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
The End/Cansiter of any pipe involving any turbo application has always been a required mod.When you receive any turbo from any manufacture (turbo only) the turbo's housing has a specific exhaust intake that requires any exhaust to have a seal tight adapter fabricated to the pipe. I've seen various canister/exhaust adapters made but never an entire Y Pipe, Pipe & Canister.

As for sealing BIG ISSUE imo.....In the past we used to wire-tie all bolts connecting to the turbo to prevent them from coming loose. Even todays kits require that all connecting bolt that connect to the turbo be tighten on a regular basis......Keeping things tight and under pressure is what makes the power.

OT

S

skull

Pics!!!!!!!

Lets see some video and pics. Like i have always said anyone can type and say anything but Seeing is Believing. So with that said lets see the product!!:beer;:beer;

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I sure hope this post doesn't turn in the direction I'm thinking your trying to push it;). Pictures will be released soon. The product isn't technically for sale YET. But thanks for keeping the post at the top:D.

Dave

Lets see some video and pics. Like i have always said anyone can type and say anything but Seeing is Believing. So with that said lets see the product!!:beer;:beer;

T
Jul 21, 2008
www.turboboyz.com
Turbo

For sure. Josh and Bryce (Turbo Performance) build some nice sleds. Just use a different turbo.

Dave

Well when it comes to R&D on the XP's the alot more there to these sleds than your normal. Dave thanks for the plug on nice builds. Your right we do use a different Turbo till this next season, will offer both turbos and I'm glad to here that your in the turbo building market:D:D. There is to many customers out there that want garret turbos this will be a great season for XP's. Dave keep up the building.

Thanks
Turbo Performance
www.turboboyz.net

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Should be an interesting season coming up. I love a challange. Maybe we will get together and see how each others Garretts run on the hill for fun. It's all about makeing a better product.

Dave

Well when it comes to R&D on the XP's the alot more there to these sleds than your normal. Dave thanks for the plug on nice builds. Your right we do use a different Turbo till this next season, will offer both turbos and I'm glad to here that your in the turbo building market:D:D. There is to many customers out there that want garret turbos this will be a great season for XP's. Dave keep up the building.

Thanks
Turbo Performance
www.turboboyz.net

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
90% postings here are a nice small talk. but nothing more

where are turbo pics, spec and 10, 50, 100,200, 500 miles report

we have a turboboyz m8 and BD RMK sleds in our workshop. many sleds have 1000+ miles and they work perfect.
both are perfect quality

we also build self few turbo sleds but its better to buy it from people they do their turbo work every day.

there are many people talking and writing about xp kits. is there any working kit out there?
any standard product out there? like BD?

self made **** looking turbo installation is not really a product for customers.
you need good support, good protection against idiot customers they think they can change some stuff self. and many many other things.

and of course you need a price which is normal.

so if there is any good XP turbo out there let me know!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Yeti, you need to give Dave a chance. He has said many times that this is a product that he would like to offer once he completes R&D. He is aiming to get comments from what peeps that have XPs would like in a turbo and is trying to incoporate that into his build.

G
Apr 23, 2008
PJ..
There is one or sometimes two in every group..

Dave is sharp enough not to let a winner like this one get under his skin,, Onward and Upward Dave .

Gus:eek:

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
i bet Dave know how to build products.

And i know how long it takes to build a good product but there is to much talk about this!

Dave made a good move, all people are talking about it! :)

So lets see that "bloody turbo" on snow :)

Dave wish you good luck.

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
i bet Dave know how to build products.

And i know how long it takes to build a good product but there is to much talk about this!

Dave made a good move, all people are talking about it! :)

So lets see that "bloody turbo" on snow :)

Dave wish you good luck.

If your looking for a Proven XP Turbo Kit TODAY. Josh Kennedy at Turbo Performance is your man. Thedy have lots of XP kits on the snow that work.

OT

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Thanks Gus ;). Everybody has opinions and if that is the way some feel then OK. I'm not going to let the negative influence my ideas. If life worked like that we would all still live in caves. It's the posative way of thinking that gets the results and follows through with things:).

Dave

PJ..
There is one or sometimes two in every group..

Dave is sharp enough not to let a winner like this one get under his skin,, Onward and Upward Dave .

Gus:eek:

X

XP-ModMan

Critics?!! I love the perfect form and proper use of the English language.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Premium Features