• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Pipe reviews?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
!!for 800 RMK!!!

The sound is clean, weight drop is always welcome but for those who have swapped it, is there actual clutching proven gains being had? Like clear example of pulling 8100 with stock clutching to say now running 8400rpm with the same setup etc? I know they sound good and the seat of the pants dynometer always validates what our wallets tell us.

I know it wont make the sled worse, just hard to justify doubling the investment beyond the can into the pipe for dyno numbers on paper.

Last edited:

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
I have no experience with the SLP setup but I know that when I got my jaws pipe I had to add 2g of weight to the primary because I was pulling at least 200rpm more on the same run versus the stock pipe. That and the fact that I had the sled dyno'd with and without the pipe was enough for me to believe it works as advertised.

SLP has a good reputation too, looking forward to seeing what people have to say.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
We had an 2016 that we had to add 3-4 grams to primary to get the peak RPM back down to 8250.

I am still seeing a lot of interest for the 850 pipe sets that are still in development. I am being told twins first than the single will be worked on and released.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The sound is clean, weight drop is always welcome but for those who have swapped it, is there actual clutching proven gains being had? Like clear example of pulling 8100 with stock clutching to say now running 8400rpm with the same setup etc? I know they sound good and the seat of the pants dynometer always validates what our wallets tell us.

I know it wont make the sled worse, just hard to justify doubling the investment beyond the can into the pipe for dyno numbers on paper.
I assume we are talking 800 not 850

I ran a BMP pipe/can bullydog, and it ran good. Rode a few sleds with SLP pipe set and nothing else, not sure what they were pulling for weight, but they ripped, period. If you can justify spending the money on the can for essentially no gains, you sure as hell should pony up and go for the pipe too *as long as you arent concerned about the chance of cracking a pipe and ruining a day (hopefully that issue has been properly addressed)*.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I assume we are talking 800 not 850

I ran a BMP pipe/can bullydog, and it ran good. Rode a few sleds with SLP pipe set and nothing else, not sure what they were pulling for weight, but they ripped, period. If you can justify spending the money on the can for essentially no gains, you sure as hell should pony up and go for the pipe too *as long as you are concerned about the chance of cracking a pipe and ruining a day (hopefully that issue has been properly addressed)*.

The cracking is usually eliminated if you go ahead and add your own header wrap under 2 beefier hose clamps on either side of the temperature sensor. You need to make sure they stay tight too. I know one guy who cracked a can as well. Mine was good.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
SLP made a big difference.

the setup bikeman made a HUGE difference
Care to elaborate a little more? I have the option of getting on both of them and just seeing what is going to provide the most bang for buck.

Turbo is always on my radar, just trying to keep this build a little simpler and cheaper. But if I break the $1k mark on parts for pipe/can/tuner etc im just going to make the jump to boost and fairly unlimited power.

SLP

Premium Member
Hello guys, just watching your thread and thought I might help answer some of your questions. This video shows our 2 stock 2015 AXYS 800 switchback pro-s (twin sister sleds), one with the pipe and clutch kit installed and one totally stock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhtitJgqf6Q

The stage 2 is good for about 9 hp over stock and as you can see, the clutch kit does a good job of getting that hp to the snow.

We have made some changes to the pipe since it was first released in 2014 and we have also learned a lot about other things to do with the sled that can prevent exhaust cracking (installing a torque arm and making sure your motor mounts are in good shape are the 2 most important parts).

Price on the pipe set and everything required to set it up on on the sled runs between 950 and 975 depending on your model and elevation.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Any estimate on when the twins will be available for the 850 axys?
Will we need a fuel controller for them?
What is the cost for twin pipes and silencer(s)?
Will these be stock loudness or worse than stock?
Any estimate on what HP the twins will add?

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
Will found out come snowfall... added full pipe with competition can to my 18....

I also added a full pipe with a standard can (I was told competition was way too loud) SLP Magnum Force clutch kit and an SLP Torque Arm. I am hoping to see some good gains.

SLP

Premium Member
Any estimate on when the twins will be available for the 850 axys?
Will we need a fuel controller for them?
What is the cost for twin pipes and silencer(s)?
Will these be stock loudness or worse than stock?
Any estimate on what HP the twins will add?

We are shooting for January on the twin pipes for the Polaris 850 Patriot and will release pricing info on them once we are closer to a production set. A change in fuel mapping will be required. They will have individual glass pack silencers, so the sound level will be similar to what you see out of our Competition Series Ultra-Lite silencers. We have seen good numbers from the preliminary work on the dyno, but we are still working there, so things are not set in stone yet on the horsepower as I think we will be able to get even better performance than what we have seen so far with some more work.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
We are shooting for January on the twin pipes for the Polaris 850 Patriot and will release pricing info on them once we are closer to a production set. A change in fuel mapping will be required. They will have individual glass pack silencers, so the sound level will be similar to what you see out of our Competition Series Ultra-Lite silencers. We have seen good numbers from the preliminary work on the dyno, but we are still working there, so things are not set in stone yet on the horsepower as I think we will be able to get even better performance than what we have seen so far with some more work.

Thanks for the info!
Regarding loudness, when you say "similar to what you see out of our Competition Series Ultra-Lite silencers", does that mean they will be the same or louder than stock?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for the info!
Regarding loudness, when you say "similar to what you see out of our Competition Series Ultra-Lite silencers", does that mean they will be the same or louder than stock?
The competition series silencers are considerably louder than stock.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Oh great - that's just lovely! :(

SLP, of all Mfgs. should be able to do better than this!!

I’m with ya, not a fan of loud cans, but I get why they make em ($$$$). Figure it makes more sense to be mad at the guy who asks for and buys ear ringer cans.

I am also guessing it was would be pretty tough to get a reasonable sounding muffler/mufflers on the twins.

Last edited:
Premium Features