• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 MTX Nytro rear shock question?

M
Oct 11, 2013
hey guys, i am currently running stock skid and shocks on my 08 Mtx nytro. i dont really want to change out my skid this season but need some new shocks for sure, it sags pretty good in the rear. was wondering if anyone knew what the forward shock C to C is and what it is colapsed and what the rear shock C to C is and it colapsed. what would my options for shocks be? can you run floats on a stock 08 skid? i see they come on the new nytros.

thanks

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
hey guys, i am currently running stock skid and shocks on my 08 Mtx nytro. i dont really want to change out my skid this season but need some new shocks for sure, it sags pretty good in the rear. was wondering if anyone knew what the forward shock C to C is and what it is colapsed and what the rear shock C to C is and it colapsed. what would my options for shocks be? can you run floats on a stock 08 skid? i see they come on the new nytros.

thanks

It sags from stock due to the rear shock is not pressurized. That suspension is horrible believe me u will wish u changed it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
The rear of your sled is held up by the springs, not the shock. I know my stock suspension was WAY too soft on my 08. If swapping the suspension isn't an option then you can look at putting some apex springs on the rear, they will help a lot.

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
I did put a skidoo rev rear shock in the rear last year its a lot stiffer and it worked well if u don't wanna swap suspensions ic suggest doing that you can find them on eBay relatively cheap.

M
Oct 11, 2013
I did put a skidoo rev rear shock in the rear last year its a lot stiffer and it worked well if u don't wanna swap suspensions ic suggest doing that you can find them on eBay relatively cheap.

You dont happen to have a part number do you?

what would you guys suggest if i was to swap out my rear setup to put in there?

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
I could get it but it will b a couple days unless I can find another on eBay I'll look in a bit here and get back to you.

It depends what you wanna do. I went with a pro rmk 155 skid and it will bolt to the stock 153 bolt locations but you have to run a 162 track with a 8" big wheel kit. I've heard this set up works well but I personally have not tried it. There is a guy on here selling 2 skids right now for around 500. You will drop 25ibs with that set up as well so that's a plus. I went with this set up BC its easy and I didn't have another 3k to blow on a timbers led on top of the 5k for my turbo. I've heard from my turbo builder that the suspension works very well tho. But a 162 is maybe not what you wanna do. In that case I'd say timbers led or arctic cat float skid but you will have to relocate the mounting holes there is a good write up on how to do this on ty4stroke.com.

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
This is the part number of the shock I used. Search it on eBay there's one for 88 dollars. 503190809

Are you still running the stock 153 maverick track?

Premium Features