• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summer Turbo action...

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
Here is some video of our Impulse powered quads, all three are running the new full stand alone and have been working flawless! High compression, big boost,cams, porting, launch control etc, we have been trying it all! We built these to run the big long hill sand drags so we still need to dial in for the 300ft stuff.

Both the Raptor based bikes where in the 4.2 range, we still have a ton of work to get them 300ft ready but not bad for a single fourstroke!

Our Nytro bike ran 300ft for the first time. Again we have a lot of work to get the ET lower, but my guess is with crawling the first 80ft or so and still running 3.8 @ 98MPH we have the power to run with about anything out when set up right:rockon:

Also posted a few vids of the buggy we build for KOH race Larry Gipson...

Nytro vs Banshee - YouTube
Impulse vs XMR - YouTube
Steve Peterson's Yamaha Nytro Impulse Raptor - YouTube
Xtreme Motorworks pre race - YouTube
Gipson Racing Roll at Prison Break 2012 - YouTube
Larry Gipson buggy trying to recover from rollover - YouTube

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
How much HP can you get out of the Stock 700 Raptors with the Impulse turbo?? I take it your guys 700 is a fully built motor? How much HP is yours making you think?

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
How much HP can you get out of the Stock 700 Raptors with the Impulse turbo?? I take it your guys 700 is a fully built motor? How much HP is yours making you think?

We haven't had our new set ups on the dyno yet, most likely in the 150HP range?

You can get more HP from the turbo than the motor will take stock. We dont like to go over 100hp and a bone stock motor. Had head studs,oring head, piston/rod and billet trans and they are pretty reliable up to 150hp.

My motor is 108mm bore, billet trans, pro rod, dlc coated pin, CP 11:1 piston, ti plus 3 head etc. Got about half a season on it with no motor problems, but I wouldn't call it a daily driver lol

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I love the safety first attitude in the drag videos. Open face helmets, tennis shoes and short sleeve t-shirts.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
You guys ever come up against any other quads with street bike motors and turbos like a Turbo Hyabusa motor? How do your compare with the Impulse Nytro??

Premium Features