• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1/2" Air Bubble In Line Oiler From Oil Tank

P

polarispro800

Oct 25, 2010
I have a question to ask you pro owners, I was checking up on the oil line hitting the the mag side intake and bulk head when I noticed that I had a 1/2" air bubble in the oil line at the base of my oil tank. At this point I was wondering if the oil line had been bleed. I called my dealer and he said to bleed line. I asked him to look at one at his shop to see if he had the same problem. No he did not, I cracked the bleeder at the oil pump and let it drip. I could see the air bubble going away. I tighten the bleeder after awhile and started my motor and held the oil pump wide open for five mins. I shut it down and looked at the line and there is the air bubble same size. I took off the oil tank to make sure it was flowing all right and it ran out full stream. Any ideas or what does your look like. I have 150 miles on sled. I also need to add bottom oil line to oil pump the hose clamp is not on the fitting it just clamp to the hose. tried to get it back on with long plier to no luck , remove can and I will soon get it.

Thanks

IMG_3590.jpg IMG_3603.jpg IMG_3595.jpg IMG_3597.jpg IMG_3600.jpg

Last edited:
G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Try following the proccedure as set out at the end of the Service Bulletin that was posted this AM.

PolarisTeamTips3.jpg

D
mine has a bubble directly exiting the tank? The oil still seems to flow because my oil level drops every ride. I was worried about it also but no problems so far.
I did tie strap the oil line from rubbing against the bulkhead, and seeing your pics you might wanna try doing that also.

P

polarispro800

Oct 25, 2010
Did you note the lower oil line to oil pump clamp is not on the fitting. look close at two of the pictures.Mine is clamped to hose only.

Premium Features