• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help! can't get powder pros on

T
Nov 26, 2007
wyoming
what is the trick to get the powder pro bases to line up with holes? i can get the bolt through the bushing but the hole won't line up on the inside i have tried c-clamps but if anyone knows a simple trick please let me know.

M

M-niner

Nov 27, 2007
Black Hills, SD
Did you get a set of rubber dampers with your PP's? Tall end of the damper to the rear, mine were tight, but went on without clamps?

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I fought it on my D8. I assumed since I took them off of my 900 that there was a difference in the rubber bases. That wasn't the case and they were so tight when I finally got them on that riding them it was very noticeable. They wouldn't flop around like they're supposed to and made the ride stiff. I bagged them and never looked back. The Grippers are a much better ski IMO. BTW it took a lot of jimmying using the sled weight at an angle and lots of beating the bolt to get them on. There's somethin' fishy with those rubber bases. I can't imagine they are all the same from '05 on up. I even bought the "correct" bases from the dealer and they were the exact same ones!

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
You might have the wrong ski-saddles for your set up. When I took the PP off of the Escape to put on the IQ, the ski-saddles would not fit. Check Starting line Products web site to see if they have them for the Pro. I know they got them for the Edge & IQ but I did not see them for the Pro.
http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=23&productID=131

Edit: The Pro's are under the heading "2010-11 600 Rush, 2011 800 Rush, RMK, Switchback and Assault, Black", the last three down on the bottom of the saddle bracket page.

Last edited:

wyorider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
If you are taking them off an iq chassis what needs to be done.

• you need to drill out the mounting bracket to the letter X drill bit
• get the proper 10mm bolt
• I had to sand the rubber down a lil to get it to fix correctly

even tho the old saddles will work the best solution is to buy the proper saddle from SLP.

hope this helps

Last edited:
Premium Features