• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK vs 2010 M8

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

Sweet video. That's my style of riding there. I don't care about the high mark as much as I like getting in that stuff.

I was thinking that the M8 seems to have it's track down hill more during a side hill than most other makes (this is not a bash!). They just seem to side hill that way. I do like that the Pro is now setup for carving through that side hill. My D8 would push itself out of the side hill sooner or later.

Wow, you guys are braver than I am. I never go WOT that long. I usually find a time to blurp it a little here and there.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
that looks like an awsome place to ride, but it really looks like you guys are due for some 174s:face-icon-small-hap no more sidehilling on the bunny hills

its pretty fun. not as tight of trees that we usually ride. we went to a different area that day.. 174 sounds boring. you must like highmarking. id rather boondock in the trees

H
Feb 16, 2009
looks like everybody's showing up here, next we to see the xp getting beat in the deep . I think this is already happened countless times ...
How about keep it fair 2010 m8 vs e-tech vs 2010 dragon.
I think those will be very close.
I own a xp and a dragon.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
its pretty fun. not as tight of trees that we usually ride. we went to a different area that day.. 174 sounds boring. you must like highmarking. id rather boondock in the trees

I havnt highmarked for a long time 174 is king in the trees, i really dont see you getting in tighter trees in that snow anyway, in the vid the sleds barely sidehill let alone if you had to make a turn up to go around a tree your definitly stuck, just find somebody to ride with you that can actually ride that has a 174 and make sure you buy him a beer after the day of rideing and enjoy the new 174 that you buy for the next weekend, unless you jump alot stick with the 150's track

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am sure this will make everyone mad but here it goes. For me, a 174 would be like a bike with training wheels. Learn to ride the bike and you can lose the wheels and have more fun. I will stay with the 150ish bracket. I have never rode a 174 but I know the difference in play factor and getting into tight spots in the trees, and there is a huge difference between the 150 ish and a 163. There would be that much again between a 163 and 174. I could see the 174 thing if you had lots of power and just wanted to climb steep hills all day. Tree riding is more rider than sled. The best thing about the whole deal is you have fun on yours and I have fun on mine. That is what it is really about. I would love to go with you guys sometime though.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i dont think getting stuck is fun maybe for some people, just looking at the sleds in the vids theres no way they will go threw the trees maybe with 200+hp how can you say big tracks like having training wheels when you never rode one, the only thing i can say about big tracks its a hp compensator you can go the same places the big hp sleds go with less hp. we can argue all day long but until you ride one in the trees you really cant say much, ive ridden 150s sleds and pretty sure if they worked better in the trees i would still be rideing one

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I havnt highmarked for a long time 174 is king in the trees, i really dont see you getting in tighter trees in that snow anyway, in the vid the sleds barely sidehill let alone if you had to make a turn up to go around a tree your definitly stuck, just find somebody to ride with you that can actually ride that has a 174 and make sure you buy him a beer after the day of rideing and enjoy the new 174 that you buy for the next weekend, unless you jump alot stick with the 150's track
Regardless of track length, I'll bet my left nut that those guys are riding at a more advanced level than 90% of this forum....including some of the big chute hitters

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007

I'll get some footage of some tighter trees and post it on here next week. theres another are I usually ride that has a lot tighter trees then that. Just went somewhere different to switch it up. I'll have to try a 162 again. I like the maneuverability of my 153 and I like to jump and am learning more about jumping. I'm not the best jumper but I sure enjoy learning and trying more and more to get better. Thats the only way you get better is by pushing yourself. Last year the things I do now would've scared the crap out of me. It's all about pushing it to the next level and making yourself a little nervous but if you don't push yourself youll never progress as a rider. I've been in some situations that have made me very nervous but just trusted myself and came out just fine(nothing with huge hills just tight trees and coming down the hill with my sled on its side) you just always have to look for the openings and thats something I've been trying to teach myself.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
im thinking maybe the cat had a used belt on at the hillclimb.and thats why we seen those results.a used worn belt will only climb half as high on the hill.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
im thinking maybe the cat had a used belt on at the hillclimb.and thats why we seen those results.a used worn belt will only climb half as high on the hill.

So on an XP that must be a pretty small window....only a few miles of sweet spot between belt break-in and catastrophic nuclear belt failure, correct? Leaves the door open for a good excuse at least!

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
So on an XP that must be a pretty small window....only a few miles of sweet spot between belt break-in and catastrophic nuclear belt failure, correct? Leaves the door open for a good excuse at least!

that is the truth there, i had an 08 xp summit and that thing ate belts until it was vented and i drilled holes in the back of the side panels. one good thing about skidoo is they warrantied all the belts that i blew, no question about it no nothing, i just got a new one each time, that was something i'll always rave about for skidoo.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
1200 full throttle miles on my 09 xp belt then changed just because.they blow belts if you dont take your parking brake off:)

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID

LMAO, yep Snowmobiler is getting ready for the thread I will soon start that says 2011 Pro vs XP. Already coming out with the excuses why the XP lost to the Pro.

Does it matter if the XP highmarks me...not one bit, but I'm curious to see what it can bring to the table against this Polaris. Look at my sig and it will tell you that I have been a fan of Doo for years and had alright luck with them but from my experience there is no way that an XP is going to beat this sled either highmarking or boondocking but time will tell and I'm curious as hell how they stack up against each other. Hopefully I will be riding with a buddy of mine who has an 08 XP with a head, clutching and geared down a little. His sled runs very very good and my 09 could never beat his 08.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features