• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK vs 2010 M8

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
Me and M8Chris went up today between ID and UT for a day of riding and compared our 2 sleds. His 2010 M8 has always run very good especially since he has put Cutlers spring in it he's tacking at 8200. The only other mod would be an HPS can outside of that it's stock. My Pro is 100% stock, no clutch mod no can just how it came from the dealer.

We both can agree that the Pro does everything that the M8 does but better, we switched sleds and would go up untracked hills to see how they compare for a point and shoot situation. The Pro was constantly higher by 50 feet from where the Cat would leave a mark.

You can see here in this clip that I will provide that the Pro is insane when it comes to getting the work done on the hill. The first race when we line up is me on my Pro and Chris on his Cat. Then we switch sleds and his Cat out does my Pro. I weigh 140 with street clothes and he weighs 210. Weight was a huge factor in comparing these sleds but the thing that remained the same is that if he switched from his Cat and then hit it with the Pro he would always smoke his last mark made by the Cat. Same for me, I would put a mark on the hill with my Pro but couldn't even touch it on his Cat.

Great day of comparing sleds and they both run incredibly well but this Pro is ahead of the game right now. I would love to get some XP's to compare to this Pro as I think it would be the same. Pro will go higher but hard to say until I can ride with a friend of mine with an 08 XP that I could never beat with my 09. He has a head, geared down and clutching so it's not stock but I'm hoping to out due his 08 cause it is a good running sled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESmOdFYr5Jg

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
Coming off an 2010 M8 I would have to agree with your conclusion. I rode with a guy that had a 2010 M8 on my first ride with my Pro and we swapped sleds a bit. What I noticed was the the Cat felt like it had a lot more power but when it came to the hills the Pro climbed significantly faster than the M8. Although I ride a 163 and the M8 was a 153 so not a completely fair comparison. Like I tell anyone though, the crazy steep side hill is where the Pro really separates itself from the competition.

I still love the M8 and it sucks that mine got stolen, but the silver lining to that cloud is my new Pro :) . If I was a rich man I would buy another M8 just to have as a spare/buddy sled.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
never actually got to ride my M on the same day as the pro, but could always feel a lot of drag on the M that i don't feel on the pro. nice vid, they both sound sweet! wonder how much longer chris will be riding that M...

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Coming off an 2010 M8 I would have to agree with your conclusion. I rode with a guy that had a 2010 M8 on my first ride with my Pro and we swapped sleds a bit. What I noticed was the the Cat felt like it had a lot more power but when it came to the hills the Pro climbed significantly faster than the M8. Although I ride a 163 and the M8 was a 153 so not a completely fair comparison. Like I tell anyone though, the crazy steep side hill is where the Pro really separates itself from the competition.

I still love the M8 and it sucks that mine got stolen, but the silver lining to that cloud is my new Pro :) . If I was a rich man I would buy another M8 just to have as a spare/buddy sled.

Last pull the M8 was much higher with neither sled poaching, First pull the Pro poached for a long time. We all know simply crossing a track gives a big acceleration and he was poaching for 5 seconds.No I dont own either sled! This video really shows two equal well set up sleds

Last edited:

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
The thing you need to watch is the first race when we line up and race both sleds at once I put up a very high mark on my Pro and this is on the hill with no tracks. Then I switch to Chris's Cat and I'm around 50 feet lower on his Cat then my Pro. Yes the Cat won that race with ME on his sled but you need to remember that the mark above me is the mark I just made 2 minutes ago on my Pro. So you have same rider who puts a good mark on the hill and the Cat would have never got to that mark unless I poached the Pro's mark all the way up.

The track poaching was why we moved to this hill cause I knew somebody would bring it up but when there is no track poaching you still get the same result. There is nothing wrong with Cats I personally love that sled but it still don't have enough to beat the Pro. Chris said it over and over that Cat would have to release something really sick for him to not get a Pro next year, he is sold on this sled.

Last edited:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Drews giving himself credit saying he ways 140 ;) Ive been very impressed with that pro it just climbs and climbs. It's so easy to throw around and I honestly don't care what the dyno says. It's getting all that power to the ground that sled is sick. I never thought I would say this but man I want a Polaris. I'm not a person like some people on these forums that don't give honest opinions they just have to make up excuses of to why they got beaT. When I got done putting my marks I told drew "I honestly tried on everything" and the pro beat my m8 no bs nothing. Polaris did a great job with that sled and I've said it before and I'll say it again cat better come out with something sweet or I'll be on a pro next year. I honestly can't see cat or anyone coming out with a sled as nimble and good as that pro. March will be interesting and Next year will be sweet seing how the new sleds preform. I haven't looked at the video yet since I'm on my phone but I'll look at it soon as I'm home. I've gotten a pm saying I should put slp performance package on my sled so I beat that pro but minus well save my money so I can buy a new sled next year. Most likely a pro. That vid was no bs

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
looked like the 210 guy vs 140 pound guy to me. the 140 pound guy will win every time. Its called power to weight ratio. to its credit the pro looks like it carries good speed and gets up on the snow. the caption in the last clip is wrong. 210 pound guy got high marked on the pro by the m8 with the 140 pound guy on it. POWER TO WEIGHT

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
Drews giving himself credit saying he ways 140 ;)

I figured I would give my weight with clothes instead of me without them, but without clothes I don't weigh alot:face-icon-small-dis

Chris what do you think we probably weigh around 80 pds different???

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
looked like the 210 guy vs 140 pound guy to me. the 140 pound guy will win every time. Its called power to weight ratio. to its credit the pro looks like it carries good speed and gets up on the snow. the caption in the last clip is wrong. 210 pound guy got high marked on the pro by the m8 with the 140 pound guy on it. POWER TO WEIGHT

True power to weight would win every time me and Chris raced, If I was on my Pro I would beat him, if I was on his Cat I would beat him, the difference is the mark on the hill. My mark on the Pro was well above the mark on the hill with me on the Cat. That's how we know the Pro was out doing the Cat. Chris had the same result his mark on his Cat was never higher then his mark on my Pro. The last clip shows me highmarking the Pro on the Cat but look at the highmark above me when I turn out on the Cat. Thats my mark on my Pro.

Pro went higher

Last edited:

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Here's what would be fun is to swap tracks. Every one puts the 153 2.25" cat track on the Polaris, lets try the 155 2.4 on the Cat? I would like to see what happens on the Pro with the Cat track against the 155 on the same machine? I bet the Cat PC track isn't as good as one would believe!! Don't change out the 155 for the Cat PC track until it is well proven by others that can afford to do it. I can assume it was 153 vs. 155?

Mike

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
Here's what would be fun is to swap tracks. Every one puts the 153 2.25" cat track on the Polaris, lets try the 155 2.4 on the Cat? I would like to see what happens on the Pro with the Cat track against the 155 on the same machine? I bet the Cat PC track isn't as good as one would believe!! Don't change out the 155 for the Cat PC track until it is well proven by others that can afford to do it. I can assume it was 153 vs. 155?

Mike

yes 153 vs 155 and I ride with 2 guys that have PC's on there sleds and I haven't seen enough of an improvement in them for me to switch. This Polaris track works great under the Pro

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007

We swapped sleds and he'd still out climb me. But when I was on the pro I could go higher then on my m8. Why would I say that sled beats mine if it wasn't honest opinion. Drew will outclimb me every time. Do I care no! I like do compete against myself I'm riding better then last year. I weigh 80lbs more then me for those people that you have to paint the whole picture for them to understand lbs means POUNDS. I weigh more then drew. No speaky English is what I feel like some people should be saying

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Thankyou, I thought that was the case between tracks! Other than the weight difference between the sleds. The Cat has a very shallow approach angle and the Pol. looks steeper and more radiused. I bet it helps it climb on top quicker?

Thanks Mike

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
We swapped sleds and he'd still out climb me. But when I was on the pro I could go higher then on my m8. Why would I say that sled beats mine if it wasn't honest opinion. Drew will outclimb me every time. Do I care no! I like do compete against myself I'm riding better then last year. I weigh 80lbs more then me for those people that you have to paint the whole picture for them to understand lbs means POUNDS. I weigh more then drew. No speaky English is what I feel like some people should be saying

no speaky pounds i weigh more then me for those people that you have to paint the whole picture for them,,,,, nice grammer yourself grammer cop:boink:

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
That's kinda how it played out on the hill last week as well with a Pro and an XP, although the XP may have been a little closer.

Can't believe that little Pro gives up 20 hp....sure got to make the rest of us feel like sheep when we are getting pounded by a lesser sled :)

Good vid guys...

Premium Features