• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weird issue questions

P
Nov 20, 2016
foleyet. ontario
I'd say about a 6.5 out of 10 hit. Right lower a arm. No biggie. Now sled seems to idle high is the first thing I notice nothing crazy like 1850 I'd say but it was at 1750 before. Biggest thing is the temp of the motor... says its running at 145 when it always ran at 125... when I start it it says 75 which I know is wrong... So question is, could the sensor have got messed up by the hit? And would the temp affect the idle at start up and at running temp? Mostly wondering if anyone has come across this?.

Thanks.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Did you ever figure out what was going on with the engine temps after the hit to the A-Arm? Have you checked your coolant level to see if it's still full?

On another note... Have you decided what your going to use for the replacement A-Arm? I also need to replace my lower right A-Arm and I'm trying to decide between the stock replacements and the aftermarket options.:juggle:

P
Nov 20, 2016
foleyet. ontario
The sled is running just fine, coolant level is spot on. I have witnessed the temp change by 15 to 20 degrees just zooming down the trail... So the sensor is suspect to me. As far as a arms I usually buy take offs from guys parting out sleds. Pro stuff is plentiful. We have some decade level snow here right now so she is def not gonna be down at all or very little. If I'm not playing in it, im friggin shoveling it...lol.

Cheers.

Premium Features