• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Bores

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Not yet, getting ready to purchase 660 kit for my 14 RMK 600. I DO HOWEVER know 2 guys with the 800 kit. They are VERY HAPPY with extra low end torque and overall increase in HP. No issues with dependability. 1st guy 2y, mostly off trail, backcountry here in the flatlands. And 2 mountain trips.
Other guy all of last season. 50/50 on trail and off trail, little over 2000 miles. He says MILES of SMILES. He said compression was still good, he did put in a set of rings just cuz he took top end apart to take a good look at things. Every thing was just fine. He also had done a durability kit in his '11 Polaris 800. He never had a problem with it. Over 6k miles on the kit when he got rid of it.
Bikeman is local to me. 35 min drive to their facility, so that certainly does affect my decision to go with them also. But they've been making people happy around here, and I've not heard any bad reports on them, only GOOD!

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I would recommend Bikeman also, I have run their 860 kit (Pro-Rmk) and actually their 875 (non available anymore) on my IQR 600r bottom end. I will still be running the 875 in the IQR this year. I am straying a bit in my 2015 Pro and putting in a Carl's Cycle 900 to give it a try. If for some reason it doesn't perform (I doubt I will have issues) the BMP 860 will be right back in. I have ridden their 660 kit and it really goes. Temped to throw one in my fathers sled, but no way in hell he would pay for it, haha.

Honestly if I did a 660 I would really have a tough time choosing between Koolme Kustoms and BMP. Years ago wasn't to impressed with Carl's 660 in a edge chassis then in a IQR. Koolme doesn't do much with 800 big bores, but has some great porting and tuning for the Polaris 800's that put them right with most 860's.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Just give Turbotater a call.
Talk with him for a bit and do a search on here.

You'd be surprised who he does the engine work for.
He's the real deal.

T8trz Porting and Performance.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Just give Turbotater a call.
Talk with him for a bit and do a search on here.

You'd be surprised who he does the engine work for.
He's the real deal.

T8trz Porting and Performance.

Normally I would say Scott doesn't have a clue about what he is talking about, but this one he is spot on.

Turbotator T8RZ ..... Wayde is the man!!!! He can make molasses run when it's -50.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Normally I would say Scott doesn't have a clue about what he is talking about, but this one he is spot on.

Turbotator T8RZ ..... Wayde is the man!!!! He can make molasses run when it's -50.

Complete backhanded compliment.

Lmao. Well executed.

Last edited:

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Probably going to be very similar to the Bikeman kit. Owner was one of the BMP owners until recent.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Any experience with Carl's 660 based on the 800 crank instead of the larger bore? How about the crank and the overbore?

I see there offering a lightweight crank now for there 660 at least that's what there web site says.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I see there offering a lightweight crank now for there 660 at least that's what there web site says.

I'm making the assumption that they are using the same crank that is in the 600R race sled. Smaller bore and the same light-weight crank/throw as the current Axys 800. Then adding the stock 600 top end to come up with the same cubes as a 700 topend on a 600 crank.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I'm making the assumption that they are using the same crank that is in the 600R race sled. Smaller bore and the same light-weight crank/throw as the current Axys 800. Then adding the stock 600 top end to come up with the same cubes as a 700 topend on a 600 crank.

Don't know if it's the bigger crank are not, it's a 1,300 dollar upgrade so that won't buy you the bigger crank and cases needed to make that work. Are if that will even work.

My guess is there modifying the stock 600 crank.

Premium Features