• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 600 pro Spare Drive and Quickdrive belt? Gates?

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Does anybody have the part numbers for a gates (or other) drive belt and quickdrive belt for a 2014 600 Pro? Just looking for something to pack that bears the same quality as polaris but not the same price tag.

Also, Does the quickdrive alignment tool fit both the axys quickdrive and the pro quickdrive? I picked one up for my axys, and I guess just assumed they were the same.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Does anybody have the part numbers for a gates (or other) drive belt and quickdrive belt for a 2014 600 Pro? Just looking for something to pack that bears the same quality as polaris but not the same price tag.

Also, Does the quickdrive alignment tool fit both the axys quickdrive and the pro quickdrive? I picked one up for my axys, and I guess just assumed they were the same.

Use a 048 Cat clutch belt and if you want to go aftermarket on the quickdrive, you will have to put on a TKI belt drive kit. It has many advantages can easily pay for itself as lower gearing makes the clutch belt last longer. Gates belts for them are 1/2 the price too.

ps I have changed enough quickdrive belts and never needed the tool. just put it on the top pulley first and start it on the bottom and turn the track, it will wind right on.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I ran the AC belt for a few years but I now run the Gates 44C4553- superior in every way to the AC belt.

Dobek Performance has the Gates 44C4553 for a good price-- there is also a non- carbon belt with no "C" in the part number that is even cheaper but I have no first hand experience with it.

Our four Pros are all chaincase-- no opinion there.

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
I ran the AC belt for a few years but I now run the Gates 44C4553- superior in every way to the AC belt.

Dobek Performance has the Gates 44C4553 for a good price-- there is also a non- carbon belt with no "C" in the part number that is even cheaper but I have no first hand experience with it.

Our four Pros are all chaincase-- no opinion there.

Cool thanks! I'm assuming the 600 and 800 must run the same belt?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The Gates Carbon belt that Murph is pointing out is a an dimensional match for the Polaris 3211115 belts..The AC belt is "close" .

For the price, and the endorsment from TRS on these very forums....
That is my choice for belts now... Amazon prime... great price... free ship for members.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
What's your guys' opinions on not packing a spare quickdrive on the 600? She doesn't ride hard to get the "jump and hit the ground pinned" shock load that people say breaks the belts. I have one to carry for my sled, but I don't know if it would be worth it on her 600? Thoughts?

C
Dec 24, 2014
The '14 QD belt is pretty durable. I had one on my '13 and obviously on my '14, about 1200 hard miles on each. I don't bother with a spare. If they go, it is usually just some lost teeth and you can still ride it out.

I would change it at the Polaris 2000 mile recommendation and break it in correctly.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Gates 44C4553

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it...
Could not agree more!!!!! Nothing worse than not having something as simple as a belt to ruin your day!!:face-icon-small-hap
X2 on what you both said about being prepared..! And thanks for reviving this old thread.

IS anybody still running the Gates 44C4553 belt and having good luck with it??:bump:

Premium Features