• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any trouble refilling propane sleds at gas stations?

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Hey guys,

Figured there is more Yammies on propane than Cats.

Recently picked up an 11' TM8 on propane. I'll be riding Sicamous area next week. I was wondering are the gas stations giving you any grief on filling these sleds up? Obviously the tanks are inspected/certifed/stamped. Is there anything I should be telling these guys about filling them?

I've got a 100lb bottle I will be mounting under a sled deck in the future with a heated blanket to aid in fuelling.

Thanks.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
PP

Also make sure when u get it in revy that they have a certified person to fill it or they won't do it, I just told em I had it and they were fine, liability reasons no doubt. Good idea to fill before you leave alberta and bring a couple 30lb bbq tanks to and a gravity hose, that should last you the weekend. Couple spots in sicamous, one in enderby, 2 spots in revy, haven't found anywhere in golden, couple spots in radium.

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Thanks for the heads up. I've got a full 100lb bottle and hoses now, but no mount in the truck box yet. Maybe I'll talk to one of the propane shops here and get a mount before I leave.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Also make sure when u get it in revy that they have a certified person to fill it or they won't do it, I just told em I had it and they were fine, liability reasons no doubt. Good idea to fill before you leave alberta and bring a couple 30lb bbq tanks to and a gravity hose, that should last you the weekend. Couple spots in sicamous, one in enderby, 2 spots in revy, haven't found anywhere in golden, couple spots in radium.

There is a propane dealer in Golden along the hi-way open 9:00am to 9:00pm

Premium Features